• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Steyr Arms Today

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
Il be there in couple hours. Im a big steyr fan for long time. My mother was actually a post ww2 bride from salzburg Austria so im a fan of austrian firearms. Ive had the pleasure of going to the factory in Austria of both Steyr and Glock amazing adventures. Ive been to Glock in Smyra couple times but the Steyr Arms in Bessemer is a wonderland of fine guns for me. Maybe get lucky and puck up deal on writer sample well see.
http://steyrarms.com/news-and-media/openhouse2017/

I always wanted a Steyr 9mm but somehow never got around to owning one. Then I got messed up with CZs and I dunno if I will ever get that Steyr.

I hope you enjoy yourself.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll win the rimfire package giveaway.

Im a bit tired so ip keep short i will elaborate later. It well worth the trip if your into such things as fine doubles etc.. Which i love. There were some deals for sure. Yes they got in my pocket there was an RFR scout 22mag straightpull on the writer sample demo rack i grabbed it and didnt let go. I dont have a 22mag bolt gun and been looking review later. 20170720_123301.jpg 20170720_105200.jpg 20170720_105110.jpg 20170720_105048.jpg 20170720_123301.jpg

20170720_111045.jpg They had to take away from me beautiful .500 double rifle gold inlay awesome engraving wood etc... Only $47000.00 open house deal 6000.00 off. Sigh....

Wow. Just wow! I've long liked the look of their bolt guns but I'll likely never get one. If I do ever get a Steyr it would be one of the pistols.

Wow. Just wow! I've long liked the look of their bolt guns but I'll likely never get one. If I do ever get a Steyr it would be one of the pistols.
They had some excellent Steyr Prohunters and Merkel MHR 16 bolt guns in both wood or syn stainless or black various calibers ranging from as low as 450 up to say 650 i think that were really nice hunting tools short fast bolt throw and great triggers. So something for all budgets. Or if course you could go full mannlicher for 6 to 12 grand.20170720_105504.jpg 20170720_111959.jpg

That's not a bad price at all. Absolutely not to the 6-12k though.

20170720_105200.jpg
So DJ, how much was your .22 maggy and what were the AUGs going for?
They had 3 writer sample RFR rifles on rack one of each caliber. The 22lr had a red dot holo on it, the 17 hmr had a ler scope and the 22 mag had no optic. I took the magnum should have bought the 22lr also. I was out the door for 296.00 incuding a spare magazine and some other swag. I really wish id took the 22lr also it was threaded. barrel. My friend bought a Merkel MHR wood stock bolt rifle in 7mm for 400 bucs and one of the M40a1 pistols for 374.00 dollars. Sorry i didnt price any of the AUGs they had alot though like 3 rows of various ones. They did say Austria has sent them brand new tooling for AUGs and pistols. They are starting to manufacture in Alabama this year. Heres a few Augs. I really wanted to take home a PRohunter in 7mm08 i was fondeling awhile and could have bought very good price but i just cant justify anymore deer rifles. Maybe next year.

Last edited:
Little backstory much of my family is from bessemer were Steyr usa is located. My grandparents born raised there as was father etc... All buried there bessemer was much different back when. Anyhow, there were 3 uniform officers providing security for the open house at door was a metal detector i passed thru and bells rang of course. A very large polite Bessemer officer says in classic bama drawl Do you have a gun ? I said yes sir in my right front pocket. Without reservation he said they dont mind you having gun inside but they dont want any live ammo around all the guns. I said well its def loaded. He said well i can hold it for ya if you want or you can put in car. I took it out keeping it in the nemesis and handed it to him he put in his pocket lol. And we talked guns awhile he was the one who actually told me go check out the little 22s. I had lunch that day at the famous since 1907 bright star cafe were my grandparents atevin the 1920s and my father would go after school. Visited cemetery and old homesite. Emotional rollercoaster day. End result i have a rifle marked with the home of my father in Alabama and my mother from Austria pretty cool.

Couple more pictures. Made it home early this morning coudnt wait to tinker with the new rifle. I had an unused bipod needing a home. I dont have any spare scopes so i stuck the night scope on it. It actually pretty handy like that i kinda just put it on to shoot couple rounds may leave it awhile. Could make a decent Predator nightstalker. I have zero experience with 22 magnum in a rifle so il have to do some work and study abit. Any first hand experience yall have feel free to send my way.-21083a6cebb65da3.JPG -cd93c41f59d54d59.JPG 20170721_084719.jpg -21083a6cebb65da3.JPG -cd93c41f59d54d59.JPG 20170721_084719.jpg

Back