• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Single sentence philosophy

Scoop

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Post some pithy thoughts that can be expressed in a single sentence.
Please attribute to the author, or add Anonymous or Unknown.
If it is your own, take credit if you like.

images

That reminds me of one which goes something like this...

"The problem with writing fiction is that fiction must be believable."

I suppose the unstated conclusion would be that nonfiction can be completely outlandish, yet must be accepted by the reader. A huge advantage when reporting events.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Not sure who said it but I heard it years ago and it always stuck with me.

My signature quote:

Extract from Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith
Paris Nov. 13. 1787.

the people can not be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong [. . .] will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.

we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure.

Not to be vain, but I also like this one.

It was in response to how the antigunners only want to recognize muskets where the 2A is concerned because semiautomatic weapons hadn't been invented at the time the Constitution/Bill of Rights was penned.

If the right to bear arms doesn't apply to modern firearms; freedom of speech doesn't apply to radio, tv, or the internet.
-John A.

Do right and fear nothing. Not sure the source.

Additionally, I've done a lot of wrong that I'm still trying to make up for, though having said that, I have no regrets as each mistake still leads me to where I am now. Which, having learned from my mistakes, is trying only to do right.

This is single sentence philosophy now . . .

Short essays are not gonna get extra credit.

Just the opposite I'm thinkin' :rolleyes:

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley (often go awry)."
Robert Burns

Quotes from being an auto tech:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
"If it can't be fixed, I don't want to work on it!"
"If it has tits or wheels, it will give you problems!"
"I think your problem is the loose nut behind the steering wheel!"
"Don't count the money until it is in your hand!"

I don't know who to quote for these but I'll gladly take credit! ;)

Back