• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cam pics

Those idiots who- have never suddenly been up close and personal with a bear or moose on their native turf.

- would change their minds completely about what kind of arms should be allowed.

I got a picture of a big lynx the other day.

That's not something you want to tangle with either.

This one is about the size of a boxer bulldog.

yC4nwD9.jpg

I actually think it's a different one than I got earlier on the other trail cam up there.

The one below doesn't look like it has as many spots as the one above, and it looks like it's a little more mature and filled out. That's why I think they're probably different ones.

4GfqQQw.jpg

Djcala, I agree.

I have hunted a lot over the years.

They show me up a lot. Despite even when I think I have got them right where I want them and have them all figured out.

Deers sense of smell and hearing are better than mans.

Coyotes and wolves have better everything. Instinct, hearing, smelling, seeing.

Bears sense of smell is like a shark. They can smell a speck of food a mile away.

Turkeys have very good eyesight.

And Humans have thumbs. Unfortunately, more often than not, all thumbs.

Last edited:
Cool cat ive never seen one wild. Ive plenty of bobcats i laugh when folks think o cute little cat be suprised how big some get. As for smell when you get em up there a boar can smell food for like 3miles !! And underground' like 20 feet !

I'll be honest Dj, I have only seen two in all my years.

And I've never laid eyes on either of the two above, other than seeing their pictures on my cameras.

Which is why I enjoy doing the trail cameras as much. They see so much more than I get to myself.

It's really humbling to know what all is around that you never see or know about.

I went out and checked camera were i was set up last night. Heres the two i was watching for awhile but let slide hoping the boss would follow them. Also caught a glimpse of Bigfoot passing thru.20170806_120514.jpg 20170806_120600.jpg

Coyote ? I cant really tell stance looks feline but tail awfully bushy. PICT0047 (1).JPG
Son in law says what i think tail isnt tail its shadow probably another hog ?

Hard to say from the photo, but my guess is that is a coyote.

Coyotes do usually have bushy tails and black tipped. Hard to get them to be still long enough to take a picture though.

coyote2.jpg

blk coyote 2.jpg

That's a lot closer to the camera, and smaller than the earlier critter.

Younger pup maybe?

Looks like it's walking away from the camera and the tail wagged a little to the right side.

That's the only black coyote I've ever seen.

There are some really big ones back in there though. I'll see if I can find the photo that I superimposed onto a photo of a deer standing about in the same spot where the coyote was tall enough that it would've stood taller than the bottom of the deers belly.

We had some big shepard sized ones up in north Ga. Most ive seen in south bama much smaller.

Didn't take me long to find it.

This photo was superimposed together from 2 different pictures to get an idea of how big it is.

No resizing or other editing was done though.

This is a very large yote.

trailcam111811026.jpg

At the risk of being called a liar, I would swear that I heard a wolf howling while I was deer hunting last year in the distance.

It was not long after daybreak and the sky was still that dark purplish color in the west where the day and the night was mixing, and I had just got situated in my stand. The fog was thick along the ground and it was a cool morning. Could see your breath. Just a beautiful, perfect morning to be out.

As I was sitting there looking around, out of the blue, I heard it start howling way in the distance further on up the mountain.

I've heard coyotes howl before and it wasn't a coyote.

It started howling every couple of minutes a long mournful sounding howl on and off for about 10 minutes and then it stopped as suddenly as it started and I never heard it no more.

Obviously I never saw it, and from the sound of it, it was a long way off, but it was unmistakable.

It wasn't a dog howling and it wasn't a coyote. The area that it was coming from is nothing but old growth forest.

I know we're not supposed to have wolves in my area, but if it wasn't a wolf, I don't know what it was.

It was a little spooky in a way that makes your hairs want to stand up on your neck and arms hearing that while you're alone hunting, but exilerating at the same time. That's living life how God intended.

I wouldnt doubt the wolf one bit. Im sure some of the Georgia guys on here remember when the DNR was saying we had no cougars/panthers in Georgia after one had been killed over around Lagrange I think? Then hundreds of trail cam pics from around the state started flooding in they changed position. This isnt my cam pic but one ive kept from somewhere in around Wilkinson county. trailcam2011_Patterson.jpg

Yeah, I went through the same thing with a mountain lion picture back in 2005.

And my sons kindergarten teacher had her dog snatched up by one while she was starting her car to let it warm up a few years ago. She saw it with her own eyes as it was running around the corner of the house with her dog she had let out to pee before leaving for work and the fish/game still had the gall to tell her she didn't see it. This is a woman that is one of the sweetest and most kind person you'll ever meet. I love her to death and she has no reason to lie to me about what happened. Or to even make up the story in the first place.

The photo that I have, the fish/wildlife guy told me that I got the picture off of the internet. When I offered to take him to the camera so he can even look at the photo and the trees that are in the picture for his self, he still wanted no part of it. Flat out refused.

They said the same thing about bears here 20 years ago. Now we can't go outside and throw a rock without hitting one between the eyes.

As for the wolf howling, that's what I believe that I heard. There's not supposed to be any in this area, but truth is, 85% of our county is unpopulated and is virgin forest. I don't think they really know what's here.

And to be honest, the sound was coming from Blanton forest, which is a state designated animal sanctuary. I wouldn't doubt it if the dept of fish and game didn't bring them in intentionally on some federal grant. There were some federal grants several years back offering wolf relocation. With as greedy as that bunch is, wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did.

This picture was less than 400 yards away from the front door of the house we were living in at the time.

cougartrailcam001 (2).jpg

Havent baited this trap much but getting some interest so i fixed it up today. Dang it hot muggy out. See if this guy comes back tonight for a snack.PICT0001.JPG PICT0015.JPG

Haha patience. Selective hunting i love finding a particular animal and making it happen. The huge smart sow i had named lucy da ho finally slipped up. I came in totally different way and set up 1 full hour before dark get shredded by mosquitoes but at 10 boom the new 22 mag slipped behind her ear at 50 yards game over. Now much work as im alone how to get her to trail then in truck.20170813_225143.jpg

20170814_015418.jpg 20170814_015154.jpg 20170813_231506-1.jpg Heres up close entry its tiny 22 cal hole at tip of my knife. No exit lots blood from ear she was drt never moved. No you dont need a 458 socom hog buster if you can put it where your supposed too. Thats actually about 1inch lower than i like but it worked. 40 grn aquila semi jacketed. I had to get help to load her she weighed in at 332#s 20170813_231506-1.jpg

Attachments

• 1502693904503-1053355048.jpg
    1502693904503-1053355048.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back