• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes compliant does not require registration.

Registration period ended years ago so you can't build a non-compliant model and register it now.

I think they plan to use the barrels with the quick change barrel uppers.

Would have to put a plug in from the top of the gas block, where they drilled through for the gas port. Unless they drill, then weld it back in.

AR 15 in 7.62x39 YES IT DOES WORK!
Current parts list is as follows.

Spikes tactical t2 buffer
Ar stoner a3 complete upper
Rock river carry handle
Black rifle arms extended firing pin
Anderson lower
ALG ACT with Wolff reduced power trigger return spring and reduced power disconnector spring.
Magpul miad grip with hogue universal hand all
Magpul ctr stock with limb saver
Ar stoner lower parts kit
Battle arms development take down pins
Tom's tactical 7075 buffer tube.

What it will also have when finished.
Miculek muzzle brake
Bcm gunfighter charging handle
Cerakote paint job
Soe gear two point bungee sling

0a99ce3952443ae1a7586fbaaa535cbb.jpg

b30f92ea0704ddaa45c058d23acaaaf9.jpg

c1f9db4c976688b781d6004dbd3294cb.jpg

fd957b8f8e0148e9ee3090c4a68aae47.jpg

77a892cdee988368ac8c5e1a6c007571.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. It's been on my bucket list to build one in 7.62x39.

I really like the 7.62x39 round.

Never got around to building an AR chambered in it as I recall, but I really like the cartridge.

I must be strange cuz I don't like the 7.62 much at all. Or maybe it's because I'm not a hunter or soldier that I don't like it.

I shot my buddy's new 7.62 chambered AR and I didn't think it was very accurate, even compared to my budget bargain-basement $600 AR build.

More knockdown power of course, but then BBs have enough knock down power for paper targets. That's all I'm working on.

I might feel different if I lived in a place where I could just go out in the backyard and shoot ordinary household appliances for fun.

Caddmann, TN590a1 was banned again a little while ago, so don't expect him to reply.

But to reply to your comment, the x39 isn't built for ultra accuracy, though is made to be within about 4 moa using irons at "combat distances".

Looks good. Nice setup, what barrel length you have there? Maybe it's just the pic, but it looks short.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Are your irons zero'd mark5019?

If they are, just flip your sights up and adjust the new eotech reticle so that the center dot sits at the top of the front sight and you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back