• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Even though I live in Georgia, (my birth place), I was raised in St. Pete, Florida (34 years total). I graduated from college in Tampa/St.Pete. Sunday night at 10pm, the St.Pete forecast is 159 mph winds. It is low land, surrounded by water most everywhere you look. I don't think the town will survive much of that because there are too many old homes. Condos and motels all along the coastal area, which is lengthy. I witnessed some shoddy construction practices in the 70's. Good luck St.Pete.
My heart aches for you.
https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...ngerous-threat

Rico, how are you making out with Irma? It looks like Irma may be finished with you by the radar. I hope all is well with you.

Last edited:
I think St. Petersburg did better than expected.
As for us, we've had 12 hours of steady wind and rain. Gusts about 60 mph and 4 inches of rain. It's about over.
It just a good ol' tropical storm that's taken a likin' to our neighborhood.
And Hurricane Jose is on his way.
Can't decide how much to clean up before knowing more about Jose.

If It's legal where I live it's most likely ok anywhere in the lower 50....oh except maybe in CA lol.
You made me revisit this idea. I want one! What happens though if it were suddenly banned? Is there a grandfather clause?

I spent eight hours on my tractor cleaning up from Hurricane Irma. I should finish tomorrow. Now it is time to relax.

As I worked on the tractor today, thoughts of the Shockwave came to mind:

I am filled with anticipation about the future of the Mossberg Shockwave.
First, those of us who have bought this great little weapon have taken on the world. While others hesitated to buy this legal weapon, concerned with legalities and the intimidation factor, we were modifying, enhancing, “beautifying”, and overall making the Shockwave a better weapon. As a group, we have taken this little weapon and shown the world what it “can” be. WE have challenged the world to show it can do better. This is called “free enterprise”. Historically, if you build a better mouse trap the world will beat a path to your door. Thank you Mossberg for a great little mouse trap.
Maybe the first example of creativity, is the decision to change the synthetic grips to wood. Leaders in this venue are:
ranfunck
DarkPassenger308
Dr. Marneaus
KCCO-AMIGO
JoeBuck
If I omitted anyone, or said something out of turn, forgive me. Someone on eBay has begun making/selling wood furniture for the Shockwave, another part of “free enterprise”, and a sure sign of more Shockwave aftermarket products to follow.
If you glance at the Shockwave links on the MossbergOwners.com forum, you will quickly discover conversations that add to the enjoyment of this little weapon. http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?forums/mossberg-590-pump-action.22/,
If you are a new owner of a Mossberg Shockwave, please join in this forum and the fun we have. The Shockwave represents a new inroad to our personal liberties and gun owner rights. Ownership of this little weapon is a perfect way to help solidify our “right to bear arms.”

Last edited:
That is very well said Rico.

And for many of the reasons that you have touched on, the shockwave is going to get it's own dedicated section of the forum soon. We have already earmarked several topics concerning the shockwave (including this one) that will be moved into the new section once it's created.

Making it's own section is due to the growing discussion and interest and popularity of the shockwave, but mostly due to the participation of the members here who own them, it won't be listed generically under the 590 section anymore, so keep your eyes out for it in the next couple of days as soon as ripjack13 gets time to make the necessary administrative changes behind the scenes that he has to do.

That is very well said Rico.
... the shockwave is going to get it's on dedicated section of the forum soon.

Alright... EVrybody... ShockWAVE! ShockWAVE! ShockWAVE! ShockWAVE!

tumblr_m5jaqrCcSM1r5ne78o1_400.jpg

I can’t stop thinking about the progress we have made with the Shockwave.
We recently discussed the beautiful wood work done on the grips, so I thought we might recollect the progress made in other areas.
My first exposure to Shockwave upgrades was being introduced to the XS Big Dot sight and metal safety button, by DarkPassenger308. He patiently showed me how easy it was to do these upgrades.
Then MarkB1, who also mounted the Big Dot, began his modifications to the 590 heatshield. It was a serious undertaking, but he jumped in fearlessly with both feet and encouraged others to mount a heatshield. Out of nowhere TerryH revealed to us his heatshield held in place by an oversize front bead. That was a very creative mounting method, but sadly not functional for those of us already committed to the Big Dot. Then Doctor Marneaus submitted his heatshield, with compliments of brass bolts while using the front bead as a mount. I submitted another method, drilling and tapping the barrel. Between sights and heatshields, this group has again shown the world, we are leaders in imagination, ingenuity and initiative....the 3 i's. (In simple terms we used our imagination to see what was needed….we put together a way to do it….and we got off our butt and DID IT). All the while, the aftermarket industry has introduced very little in the Shockwave platform. Maybe they are using us as guidance….in other words, I think they are picking our brains. I don’t find any other website that seems as interested in “improving” the Shockwave. The old saying “Imitation is the greatest form of flattery” may well apply to us. Time will tell.
TerryH and I are the only ones to change the foregrip to something other than wood. TerryH showed great success in modifying and mounting a Magpul foregrip on his Shockwave, while I used the Ergo tri-rail with Keltec hand stop. Terry has submitted a video on his follower upgrade, and we anxiously wait for the video on his Magpul foregrip modifications.
Finally, Rampo turned his Shockwave into the Warhammer. This is a total “testosterone boost”. Any man who has low testosterone should quit taking medications, buy a Shockwave and follow Rampo’s lead.
Some members have mounted rails and lasers, along with lights. A few members have mounted side saddles.
It’s obvious some Shockwave modifications have come from the 590 platform but none-the-less, most members of this forum have greatly improved our “little toy”, one way or another.
I apologize if I omitted mentioning anyone. If I did, please speak up. You are an important and appreciated member of this forum. I am old and forgetful.
I do want to give credit to those companies that have introduced dedicated Shockwave products, beyond just the 590 platform. Aimtech and GG&G are the only two that come to mind. Please list any others that I have omitted. We may want to make a master list of companies who introduce “dedicated” Shockwave products.
If I may speak for myself…..I shoot a Shockwave…..not a 590. I got testosterone!!

Back