• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Chit Chat

Everything has been reset but my truck. For reason the button to set the clock is not working. Wouldn't be the first car I had that choose to live half the year an hour in the future.

Everything has been reset but my truck. For reason the button to set the clock is not working. Wouldn't be the first car I had that choose to live half the year an hour in the future.

If you are living an hour in the future get the winning lottery numbers and go for it.

Our pets have not yet adjusted to the change. I have no problem, since I don't have to get up and go to work.

One of the beauties of retirement as you can pretty much ignore daylight savings time until you catch up with it or vice versa.

All as it should be again since id never changed my truck clock the last time change. :)

There is an old saying I am probably gonna mess up, but, it goes something like, if you never change a stopped clock it will be correct twice a day.
In my case, if ya give a monkey a typewriter, eventually he will type a word.

Dst....what a useless thing it has become.

Hey since everyone marches to their own drummer I think we should all have our own time clock.

After all, if your legal sex is the sex you think you are, then the legal time is the time you think it is.

If my genetics tell me to get up and post on the internet at what you believe to be 3:30 in the morning, then who on God's green earth has the right to tell me it's the wrong time?

My wife and I went to some friends home for supper last night. We had a typical Southern meal of fried chicken, fried okra, biscuits, a nice salad, and some fresh pound cake. It was a pleasant evening, and the youngest daughter, Holly, kept on about how she helped her momma make supper. Finally, I asked, “Holly what did you do to help your momma”, and she replied, “I picked the bugs out of the flour.”

LOL, I remeber doing that very thing many years ago. I haven't even sifted flour in so long now I don't know if it still has bugs in it or not.

For those of you keeping score at home, Sears Holdings (SHLD) plans to close 63 Sears and Kmart stores by late January. Of the closures, 45 are Kmart stores and 18 are Sears stores. Of the Sears store closures, 15 also include the December closure of Sears Auto Centers located at the stores. I remember when Sears was a wonderful store and had anything you wanted, and it was all excellent quality. But, it was all made in America. I feel saddened by these closures. I'm 70 years old. Younger folks may not understand.

Unknown back then, but obvious now, Sears was like Wal-Mart is today. One stop shopping, except for groceries, for all of ones needs. Back then people looked forward to going shopping, it was a big deal.

I stopped shopping at Sears the instant they refused to reace a broken Craftsman tool. I bought Craftsman tools for years because of their lifetime replacement warranty, which I had used many times without issue. They would always just pull another one off of the shelf and hand it to me.

The last time I was there they refused to replace a ratchet stating that that was no longer their policy and I would have to buy a parts kit to repair it.

I stated that the tool at the time I bought it had a warranty and if they didnt replace it they would lose a long time loyal customer. They refused to honor the warranty and I have not given them a penny since.

Rico, I fully understand how you feel. Ironically, I have a 1908 Sears catalog. Everything from forks to farm tractors to entire houses.

And yes, I remember sears fondly.

We do have a local Sears. Though I don't even think that Sears owns the Craftsman brand of products anymore.

All of our local Kmarts have been gone for a decade now I guess. The nearest one (3 counties away) was closed earlier this year.

I just got back from Walmart, buying a large bag of
Purina dog chow for my wonder dog Maggie, when the
woman behind me asked if I had a dog. (duh!!)
So because I'm retired and have little to do, on
impulse, I told her that no, I didn't have a dog. I told her
I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I
probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital the last time, but
that I'd lost 50 pounds before I woke up in an intensive care ward.

I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet
and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with
Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry.
The food is nutritionally complete, (certified), so it works well and
I was going to try it again.

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive
care, because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I had stopped
to pee on a fire hydrant and a car hit me.

Back