• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

A chilly Good morning Mossberg owners. My thermometer read just 39° at 6:15 a.m. this morning, when the garbage man woke me from a much-needed slumber.

It's almost December and winter is finally showing up, in as much as it ever does here.

We will have one or two days this winter that get below 32° and if it happens before the Orange Harvest, all the Citrus farmers will be out there smudging and fanning & watering to save their crops.

It's been almost 72 hours since my eye surgery and I'm starting to feel like this new lenses not just going to pop out of my face randomly.

I haven't been able to do anything very strenuous but I did manage to sand on my shelf a little bit yesterday and throw on another coat of varnish.

I was also able to drive to the hardware store and buy some bits of Plumbing to build a new aquarium skimmer. The old one was very powerful but did not carry enough media.

Because dust, powder, smoke and such things the eye surgeon recommended that I did not go out to the rifle range until January when my second eye has healed up.

Well I have lots of empty brass to clean and reload until then.

He didn't say anything about welding so I may work on the halberd a little bit but I've been putting that off ever since my aquarium leaked and I started on this mission of setting up new tanks.

I put all the Christmas lights up Sunday night before my surgery, but there will be Christmas shopping to do and we'll be shopping for a tree in another week.

I don't think I have cut down a fresh Christmas tree with a saw since 1971. I usually buy a tree from a local charity organization that sets up every year.

This is going to be a different year for Christmas. I think the whole country is going to feel different about it. I don't know why I feel this way. Maybe it's about the stock market busting another new record every week.

I just got my statement and you can color me happy.

Good Morning MOSSBERG Forum !!

Well...the good weather turned a little grey today...but, it's already 41 degrees and promises to reach 55 before days end.

Enjoy your day !!

Good morning!!

Got lucky, stopped at Home Depot on the way to work this morning to pick up one specific item but ended up finding a few more things on sale, including a small ladder for $20 that is usually $50.

Went back 2 hours later with my coworker who wanted the ladder and it was no longer on sale. In fact everything I bought was marked back up. I must have slipped in before they removed the sale tags.

On a more serious note, we had a homocide on my street over the holiday. A woman was found dead in her bouse on Monday and it is now ruled a homocide.

Some detectives came to my house after noticing my cameras.

Apparently I am the only one that they found who still had footage going back to Thanksgiving. We reviewed a small amount hoping to see a person of interest on the street. They said they may be back to look some more but I have not heard back from them or the state police crime lab (who they said may be in contact with me) Hopefully it is an isolated incident amoungst people that knew each other. They have not released much yet that I have seen. I'm assuming that no followup means they decided there was not enough value in whatever I may have captured. This took place at the far end of the street which is actually a different city from my end.

They guy they were looking to see is a guy that is frequently in the neighborhood looking for odd jobs. Not sure if he is an actual suspect or just someone that may have some knowledge. Either way, this is just another reminder of how bad things are declining in the area.

Stay alert and safe out there!

Edit: One of the detectives asked to take the DVR tonight. Hopefully they can get what they need off of it.

Last edited:
Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

Yet another beautiful Fall day here in the Glen... Sunny and 42 degrees with a light wind from the southwest.

You all have a good day !!

mornin. gunna be a fun day. got a leak in the kitchen sink. The old pipe, is not the same size as the new pipe. so I need to figure out a way to attach the 2.
I'm not a plumber...:oops2:

mornin. gunna be a fun day. got a leak in the kitchen sink. The old pipe, is not the same size as the new pipe. so I need to figure out a way to attach the 2.
I'm not a plumber...:oops2:

If cant repair it with a hammer, duct tape or wd-40, then it cannot be repaired!!

They sell reducers/expanders to fit pretty much any two size pipes together, sometime you may need a combination.

I just replaced the kitchen sink, drain and faucet a few weeks ago.

I have not opened the gates of the pet cemetery in several months, but we lost Bob the fish this morning.

10764.jpeg

We first bought Bob along with 29 of his brothers 14 years and 11 months ago. He was the last survivor of his brood.

10765.jpeg
In the end he just got old and quit eating. I moved him to a bigger more luxurious tank and he perked up for a week or so, but he couldn't hang on any longer.

Silver dollars are Hardy fish which can stand reasonably bad water quality, but just like humans they become far more susceptible to pollution as they age.

It's a little depressing because I put a new filter in their system yesterday and it was working terrific. I have much more sensitive fish in the tank which seem to be doing fine.

10707.jpeg
RIP, Bob the Fish.

Good morning Mossberg lovers. I'm in Omaha this morning and the skies are clear with a temp of 30.

I'll head home Monday morning. Have a great weekend.

Looks like another beautiful Fall Day here in the Keystone State... Sunny and 36 degrees with a promise of mid-50's before the day is done..

Enjoy your day !!

Good morning Mossberg owners. It's Another Pleasant Valley Saturday here on the margin of the San Joaquin. My vision continues to improve after the surgery.

Its December 2nd, but only 42 degrees this morning with a light Haze. All the orange growers are hoping that this will hold out until Harvest and not dip down into the low 30s.

I do expect to see one or two freezing days before spring, but so far not a trace of frost in the mornings.

I have a few chores to do myself today but mostly of my own making. You erstwhile plumbers out there will understand why I have been putting off kitchen remodeling for 15 years.

That sounds like it makes me the king of procrastination, but here's the sad confession folks . . .

I could have just paid a contractor to come in and do all the work while I sat and watched the TV. But it has been my Habit to cook every day, for the past 45 years & I simply could not give up my kitchen for a whole week while the work was being done.

But done it must be and done it will be and probably within the next 3 months it will be completed.

I did the final filling in on my wooden Shelf and now all it needs is finish sanding and final varnish. Unfortunately there was a divot left over from the initial planning of that board, and I simply did not want to have it replaned, so I did 10 thick filler coats of polyurethane varnish, flat sanding in between.

I'm going to try and have a great day and not think about that and you all do the same.

Mornin ya'll. It's going to be a brisk day today. We have the grandson today, so we're going for a walk in the woods next to the field where I turkey hunt. We'll be hunting for pine cones today, to make some wreaths.
I got the sink pipe fixed. I had to get a new j trap and a rubber boot reducer. Filled up both sinks with water and let em drain at the same time and...
No Leaks!!!
Yay!.....

Cad, I can't wait to move out of this house. (i hate stairs, hurts my knees) But the kitchen needs a total gutting. No insulation anywhere, pipes are old steel. Electrical needs updating. The floors are hardwood, but the nails come up often and someone gets a scuff on their foot, so no bare feet allowed. I pull out the old nails and hammer in new ring nails....

I'm looking for a nice ranch style house with at least one garage for my wood shop. Unless I find one with a shop already. I did find one, but it was sold the next day after it listed. Man that was quick...nice place too. Next to a lake.
oh well....they'll be more. Or I'll just build my own...

Enjoy your day folks...stay warm.

Looks like another beautiful day shaping up here in Penn's Woods...Presently 39 degrees and the projected high will be around 50.

Philadelphia Eagles vs Seattle Seahawks tonight @ 0830.................GO EAGLES !!!!

Back