• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Colt M4 complete lower on sale $190 shipped

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
It's today only and only while supply lasts.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...=Avantlink&utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwine

If you put the item in your cart, add a buffer retainer spring to your cart for .73 cents, this will take you over the $200 limit so you will be eligible to use this coupon code for 20% off/$200 is H7L

This will snatch you a Colt M4 marked complete lower for about $190 delivered.

Smoking deal if you ever wanted the rollmark.

That's less than half what I usually see them going for. Then add in the $20 off coupon, free shipping, yeah, that's a pretty good deal.

I was seeing complete PSA lowers for $160 + ship. Aero Precision $205. S&W for $311, Ruger for $214.

Yes, my will is weak. I cannot resist.

I can make money on it if I were to sell it sometime later.

colt m4 carbine on sale brownells ad.JPG

This'll be my second rared up pony.

Not counting a couple of Andersons, which shares my states "logo"

unbridledSpirit-4c.png

AndersonManufacturingLogo.jpg

Looks like they're now showing:

Out of Stock, Unavailable for Backorder

Yes.

I went back and forth for a couple of hours deciding whether I was going to or not. I wasn't even looking to buy another lower. But I knew these deals don't come up every day at anywhere near this price so I did anyway.

I suspect that I'll probably get it next week sometime depending on New Years and such. My FFL already faxed his license and a copy of the invoice with the order number on it about 5:30 this evening.

Colts are among the easier to sell rollmarks. Shouldn't have any problems getting my money back on it if I ever were to decide to move it. Least that was my excuse anyway.

Brownells is on the ball. I got a 2 day shipping notification about lunch time today. Great job folks.

3_shipmentnotification.jpg

Your order is on its way

Scheduled delivery:
Tue 1/02/2018 by 4:30 pm

Nice.... too bad I was a day late seeing the post.... I need a dedicated lower for my A2 clone

I just looked at brownells website and they must have only allotted a certain number of lowers at the sale price because they are showing in stock again at the moment.

And showing on sale, but at $250 now. Which is above my comfort level again. Actually, the $190 was up there. I've bought and built several in the past that I put together for around that price back in the day. But with the abundance and availability of perfectly good stripped lowers for $40, was still hard to get past.

For some of the young whipper-snappers who don't know, even a "cheap" stripped lower used to sell for $140 plus another $60 or $70 for a stripped parts kit, plus another $35-$50 for a stock.

I got a $50 gift cert for Brownells for Christmas. I didn't know the sale was going on when I used it. I got some bedding compound, and .223 go-gauge with it though.

I didn't know it was going on either. Just so happened a guy told me about it and pointed it out to me. That's when I posted the topic here in case anyone may had been interested.

You want to hear a funny story about it?

The coupon I used was for "20% off over $200"

I added a buffer retainer spring for .73 cents so I could use the coupon.

Would you believe that they shipped the spring separately by UPS and the lower by fedex?

I fully expected that they would have thrown the spring in the box with the lower.

Nope. 2 different tracking numbers with 2 different companies.

Glad that I got free shipping with it, but doesn't make sense on brownells part to do that.

Got the lower today.

Here's a few photos.

m4 021.JPG
The roll mark was stamped light (notice the L)

m4 026.JPG

Typical Colt shelf to prevent a DIAS or LL being installed

m4 012.JPG

Slight finish blem on the magwell near where the digital inventory sticker was. Though, I use my tools, I'm not going to keep it locked in a safe and it'll have more scuffs as time goes on and I use it anyway, though for the price, it is not too much to expect better. Also, notice the selector. There is no cheater notch to indicate whether the gun is on safe or fire when looking at the right side.

m4 009.JPG

It does have a digital inventory engraving that has the weapon information embedded with Colts cage code with a "D" prefix 13629 and the weapon serial #

And a couple other pics. This one to show off my stipling ;)

m4 025.JPG

And this one because I like it.

m4 002.JPG

Lookin good John. Had I knew about this deal, I would have made it a dedicated lower for mine. I'm currently swapping my rifle lower between 3 uppers.
67eaec3988a724e1360ffc5c26c24f47.jpg

Nothing really too special about this lower than most any other you can get for 1/8 of the price.

I wanted the M4 lower just because it'll hold its' resale value better than Anderson or Tapco or many other make/models.

I don't have a habit of selling my guns, but if I had to and it came down to it, I'd try to sell my Colt competition lower first though.

But if you must, buy low, sell high.

Back