• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

464 SPX tactical .22lr firing problems - lever action

Bez

Copper BB
Ok so practically every shot is a failure to fire. And I just bought this gun about 1.5 months ago.

Looking at the pin strike on the cartridges, it is very weak and not prominent. But I dont think its a firing pin issue or any spring issue. When closing the action the bolt is not tight. there is some play in the bolt.

Let me give you an example... I shot 5 shots normally and every shot was a failure to fire. Then I decided to push on the back end of the bolt to try to keep in in place while shooting... shot 5 shots and not one failure to fire.... This problem is driving me nuts and any input would be appreciated but I have a feeling im going to have to send this lemon in for repairs. Let me know if you have any insight... I also made a video of the example I provided above, let me know if your interested in seeing it.

Thanks in advanced Mossberg owners.

Time to call mossberg. You have a loose bolt and I would stop firing and let their customer service take care of it. Even if the rifle is used mossberg does not want a current production rifle out there that is unsafe to shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to call mossberg. You have a loose bolt and I would stop firing and let their customer service take care of it. Even if the rifle is used mossberg does not want a current production rifle out there that is unsafe to shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response... The rifle is brand new. 1.5 months old.

I had a feeling that i should bite the bullet and contact Mossberg... Hopefully this wont be a problem since I live in Canada... can't just mail guns over the border. I noticed on the website that there are 2 locations that I could send this rifle to here in Canada.

Back