• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave in Progress

Ravan

.22LR
PYkn5x1.jpg

hXi8XHa.jpg

The plug is a pen blank from WoodCraft.
The stock is a NOS looks like a blemish that I got from Numrich stocks off of ebay, and its 1 inch longer
then the Raptor grip.

I am waiting for my 590A1 heat shield from Mossberg, I ordered it around the middle of December.
And I am going to copy Dr. Marneaus jeweled bolt. I love that look.

The plug is a pen blank from WoodCraft.
The stock is a NOS looks like a blemish that I got from Numrich stocks off of ebay, and its 1 inch longer
then the Raptor grip.

I am waiting for my 590A1 heat shield from Mossberg, I ordered it around the middle of December.
And I am going to copy Dr. Marneaus jeweled bolt. I love that look.

looks great!!!!

That dye turned out really nice.

Mossberg needs to take notes from you- that is an amazing firearm. I want to make one of these with a pursuader- I can't have a shockwave in my communist liberal state.

I ordered a heavy barrel heat shield weeks ago thru Mossberg and it Still hasn't shipped

update,

So I called in today, and they had cancelled my order, it was over 30 days. And the parkerized heatshields are on back order.

I asked if they had any heavy walled heat shields in and they have plenty of the
matt finished heat shields.

I'm thinking that the matt finished ones are the blued heat shields, correct me if I am wrong.

I ordered one of those instead.

Last edited:
Which state is that if you don't mind me asking?
Massachusetts. I could live 5 min up the road in Nh and they’re legal, but mass minimum barrel is 18” from bolt face, overall minimum length is 26” I think so I’d have to get special paperwork for a shockwave cause it’s barrel is too short, yet I can buy a Mossberg 500 cruiser with 18.5”
Barrel and that’s legal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically I could make a cruiser look like a shockwave with the birds head grip, and the extra 4.5” barrel isn’t a huge deal.

Technically I could make a cruiser look like a shockwave with the birds head grip, and the extra 4.5” barrel isn’t a huge deal.

I`ve seen a few folks on FB that`s installed the raptor grip on the 88 and 500 and they look good and if it meets the needs of the shooter then it`s all good!

Massachusetts. I could live 5 min up the road in Nh and they’re legal, but mass minimum barrel is 18” from bolt face, overall minimum length is 26” I think so I’d have to get special paperwork for a shockwave cause it’s barrel is too short, yet I can buy a Mossberg 500 cruiser with 18.5”
Barrel and that’s legal...

Thanks for the info. That’s crazy and to think you live in the state that fired the shot heard around the world.

Thanks for the info. That’s crazy and to think you live in the state that fired the shot heard around the world.
You're telling me- Lexington, where it all started, tried banning AR15's and AK's a year or so ago (and making confiscation legal), till they town presented it to the police chief and he said "No way! I am not going to some legally armed AR15 owner and demanding he give me his AR15" and in my words, "Thats how wars start!" - only in Massachusetts...

I am not sure if Mass or California is worse... Dealers cannot legally sell past ban (94 or newer) AR15, AK47 or 74, or similar "assault type" rifles. Pre ban are ok, but going for $1200 and up they are crazy... As far as I know, private sales can still sell, but they are going up to $800+ for a standard AR556 or Smith and wesson M&P15 sport. I know california still allows the sale of AR15's, but they have fixed magazines, 10 round max... We can still use detachable mags (if you own one) or preban hi-cap mags which are still plenty available. We can buy a pump action AR15 style gun with detachable mags, or we can buy a mini 14 or mini 30 legally because they don't have a pistol grip or a copy of an AR15 style action... The liberal politicians here are so stupid.. Because a pistol grip on an AR15 makes it more dangerous than a Mini14 or M1A LOL. I need to shut up or they'll start banning those too...

Back