• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

935 Forestock Creak, Improper Fit

nabooska

Copper BB
Hello,

New poster here. I registered in the attempt to find if anyone else has an issue with their 935 that I've experienced since purchase.

In the attached photos, the my forestock does not sit completely flush with the receiver area of the shotgun. There is a tongue-and-groove rail built into the mold that seemed to have the intention to sit flat against the receiver. As a result, when tightening down the cap, it almost "warps" the forestock downwards.

The firearm operates completely fine (thankfully) but due to this improper fit, the forestock creaks during operation and any time your hand contacts the gun. The sound is like the two materials rubbing together.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? How did you fix it? I've looked at sanding down the forestock in the areas that contact the gun but they're unreachable and I'm hesitant about sanding away.

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 11.49.10 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 11.49.40 AM.png

Welcome Stranger...

Please introduce yourself in the New Member Welcome Area...as we like to welcome people like yourself who jump right in with technical questions.

Thank You...!!

They all will fix it but I didn't want the ones were it sticks out past the forearm so I guess i got the field fit.

It took a few attempts to got it to fit since they make these a little big. Some file work is needed but the feel the gun has now is very tight and solid feeling.

Make sure you watch the video at the bottom of that page, very helpful.

They say that no news is good news but any updates?

You bet - got the field fit or3gun forearm retainer based on your recommendation and it works like a charm! Did not file it down yet which could improve it slightly but right out of the box it rocks

Cheers

Back