• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

De-tacticalizing a 500.

Ordered a replacement factory stock yesterday. And I'll probably need to get another meter of film but this should give an idea of where it's going.

JCUF76c.jpg

om4Ep6k.jpg

That's looking good John. Whats the camo ?

Typically, I try to do as few dips as I can. But it depends a lot of the shape of the parts, the length, width and angle, etc.

And I also try to do both sides at once, wherever possible. This lets me make sure the area that is most seen has as few "seams" as I can too. Like, the top of the stock is one of the main area's where I don't want a seam. There are usually a seam somewhere, but I prefer them to be on the bottom or wherever you can't see them.

Let's see. I dipped the receiver and mag tube together. I ended up having to dip the receiver itself twice because I goofed up. So, I'm not going to count that as two dips even though it was.

I dipped the barrel.

I dipped the handguard

I dipped the action slide.

I dipped the scope rail

I dipped the angled grip.

And when I get it next week, I'll dip the stock. And there will only be enough left over to dip the two XTR magpul rail covers.

I have just enough barely to dip the stock as one piece. If it doesn't cover right, or I mess it up, I'm certain that I'll have to order a whole nother meter of film. I would rather not goof it up if at all possible.

So, I'm going to take as many pains dipping the stock as I can.

Thanks buddy.

I've been wanting to get this project done for far too long. Seems like every time I was going to fool with it, something would distract me and it kept getting pushed to the back burner.

Look. Over there. Squirrel.

Thank you very much.

Just something that I enjoy doing.

I admit that it feels a lot better in the hand now.

Nothing against the ATI stock set because it's never given me a second of trouble, but the slide release doesn't jive with a vertical grip at all.

Thanks buddy.

I've been wanting to get this project done for far too long. Seems like every time I was going to fool with it, something would distract me and it kept getting pushed to the back burner.

Look. Over there. Squirrel.

My wife has told me for years that I'm just like the old man in that cartoon.

True story.

Back