• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Walking Dead... (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Read an interesting article from last year over the holidays. Sorry, I should have remembered to save the link. But anyway, it was written in reference to the opening scene from last season when Glenn and Abe met Lucille and some of the directorial decisions up to that point.

However, in a nutshell what the author said made a lot of sense to me and I don’t know I can really do it justice but he said that in his opinion they (the producers/directors et al) had opted for cheap tricks and essentially messing with the audience rather than continuing with the strong story and character building they launched with. I tend to agree.

Seems they’ve focused more on mis-direction and fooling the audience than they have on building real suspense in both story and situation.

What made this ring true with me was, I had just re-watched the first 2 seasons with my brother back in November. And I was reminded just how much I loved this show. But it also brought some disappointment as I realized how far things had drifted.

Will see how the rest of this season plays out. If they don’t start to get it back on track (which is unlikely since Gimple is still running it - and that’s when the change happened) I may or may not continue watching next season. I don’t want to end up totally disappointed if they don’t do something different soon.

Well kids? That was another underwhelming hour and a half if you ask me. I dunno guys, if they don’t turn this boat around soon I’m gonna hafta get off at the next port.

I hear Gimple has been promoted and Angela Kang will be the new showrunner. And, if I’m not mistaken Kirkman has re-joined the fold too. Hoping this will make a difference but I’m not holding my breath.

Truth be told, I enjoyed tonight's episode. A few things actually got cleared up. Good enough for me. :) Take care. Tom Worthington

Truth be told, I enjoyed tonight's episode. A few things actually got cleared up. Good enough for me. :) Take care. Tom Worthington
I guess it depends on what you’re looking for. I find it puzzling that Carl and Morgan have completely flip-flopped their views on what needs to happen. (Morgan should prolly be committed-too many flip-flops for that guy)

Ricks promise to “make it real” for Carl doesn’t seem particularly realistic seeing as Negan and the Saviors are still out for blood. So unless Negan is so broken up over Carl’s death (which I doubt) that he and Rick just hug and make it all better...I dunno. I think they could have given Carl his due with a little less screen time and a little more explanation as to what is actually happening elsewhere.

Also, according to the comic readers they’ve just screwed the whole next story arc which centered on Carl. So that whole business remains to be seen. I’m also getting tired of them having characters breaking with their “character” and doing the seemingly stupidest things. There needs to be some consistency of character throughout. Yeah sure a crisis makes people do strange things sometimes but some of this stuff is just too out there.

The whole Rick and Daryl tension/fight thing was just plain stupid. The “team” heading off to do different things than originally planned...stupid. These people supposedly live by a string...you ain’t making a change up just because you feel angry. You aint got the manpower or the bullets for that...see? Stupid. Lol.

Nuff said....

Last edited:
I'm watching it tonight....ff through the crap ads....

I watched it last night. I'm starting to get bored. Granted it can't be all run n gun shoot em up zombies everywhere...but this season and the last season have been dragging on very slowly.
Also...I kind of dislike how they stray from the comics. Besides Darryl, of course....

I agree...and “All out War” has not lived up to the title AT ALL. That initial siege of the Sanctuary was a joke....the gunfire sound effects even sucked. Rick must have emptied 6-8 30rd mags in Negans direction and he didn’t even nick him.

What happened to the effects and directing like during the battles at the prison with the Gov??? That was closer to all out war than “All out War”. I’m seriously getting bummed. And if they want so badly to divert from the comic why did they kill Shiva at the same spot as the comic? My guess...cost too much money for animation.

Anyway...I could rant more but I don’t recommend you go back and re-watch the first 3 seasons like I did...it will just make the current seem even worse than it does already. :(

I’d give it a passing grade once you get past the first 10 mins with Michonne and Rick screwing around trying to extinguish a gazebo fire (wth??) while trying to escape a herd coming through Alexandria.

Anyway, I won’t rain too much on @Tom396 ‘s parade.....lol

Half-season premier: 2/5 stars due to the intermingling of Carl's death scenes with the Carol/Morgan scenes. And the fantasy flash-forwards were estupido!
Last week's episode: 3/5 stars. They could kill off Rick and I wouldn't care one bit...
Last night's episode: 3.5/5 stars. Better, but still some some sappy shix shown...

I no longer make it a point to watch the encore let alone the "Talking" show. I will watch the Talking show if I am drowsy as I find it puts me right to sleep! But waking to an encore will not bring me out of a slumber--it only makes me hunt for the TV control to turn it off that much faster!

Last night, when it was over, I said to the wife " Good episode! You know why?.......NO RICK!"

I’m two episodes behind now, was away the last two wknds...I’m guessing by the lack of chatter I’m not missing much?

The last episode wasn't bad, despite having Rick prominently in it. :) You will probably enjoy it. I haven't bailed out yet... ;)

How we all doing? Anyone still watching? :) I still have been then I go back to work and don't watch an encore or TD. (self-employed, prefer to work "2nd" shift)

The show has been going OK so far. I won't spoil too much if you haven't seen it. Worth watching--I'd give it a 3.5/5. Definitely better than anything else on in that time slot--I'm not a big TV watcher, anyway...

SPOILERISH! How the hell is Morgan going to get to TX? Or Mehico? FTWD starts next week! (14th) o_O

Back