• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (March 2018)(Will Gun Laws Be Passed)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the later questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls.

What, if any, federal gun laws do you think will be passed during the current "we must do something" hysterics?

More than there should be.

None that will make a difference in preventing mass shootings.

Another ban....followed by another ban...and repeat.....

From an outsiders view, I think you'll lose bumpstocks, and maybe the age will go up to 21 to purchase a rifle.

As has been pointed out on this, and other, Fora, losing bumpstocks will be no great loss, but raising the age limit may be... however, considering some of the other restrictions that are being discussed, those 2 are probably the lowest impact you can hope for...

From an outsiders view, I think you'll lose bumpstocks, and maybe the age will go up to 21 to purchase a rifle.

As has been pointed out on this, and other, Fora, losing bumpstocks will be no great loss, but raising the age limit may be... however, considering some of the other restrictions that are being discussed, those 2 are probably the lowest impact you can hope for...

I suspect you may be right. Far too many gun owners have the "It doesn't affect me." attitude.

It looks to me like the Republicans are going to Buck this thing at the federal level. I think there will be lots of chin wagging and little more, Federally.

I forsee lots of blue States wanting to tighten laws.

I'm going to say if an age limit is increased prepare to see it fail in courts. It's a recognized right and a delayed age requirement when you can vote at 18 doesn't pass the smell test.

It was so good I had to watch it twice.

I particularly like the part about the false dilemma, and I wish he had spent a little more time and talked about the logical fallacy of a false dilemma.

Sorry I'm late. The left has pulled out all the stops this time. I would bet my life that the teachers at the protests are have been pushing anti gun crap to their students for as long as they have been teaching. I know teachers here in Oklahoma that carry concealed, but are hesitant to let their fellow teachers know.

The school district in Tulsa is very liberal. The schools in rural areas not so much. All of these kids did not just all of sudden become anti NRA. They are actually being pushed by the anti republican donor group. That in my opinion this about. The money the NRA donates to mostly republican candidates.

Sorry, got off track. Unfortunately I think bump stocks will be banned and they will try to raise the age to buy any long gun to 21.

What, if any, federal gun laws do you think will be passed during the current "we must do something" hysterics?

It may seem as if I waited to the last minute to answer this month's question, but actually I started very early. In fact I had several "laws" right off the top of my head that I wrote down and I kept concocting nastier and nastier restrictions and requirements and prohibitions as if I really wanted to stifle gun ownership and use.

I will not share any of those with you. I regard them as potentially toxic and I would not want to think that my list prompted somebody into thinking my weird ideas would make good policy.

What scares me most is that some of the worst actions I can imagine don't even have to be passed as federal gun laws.

Here is a list of some of the alphabet organizations which at various times have gone rogue and implemented policies that work against people in most dangerous manners.

Note, I have written the names out so my friend @Daryll from England can play along.

BLM --- Bureau of Land Management
BATFE --- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; sometimes just ATF [F-Troop]
FBI --- Federal Bureau of Investigation
EPA --- Environmental Protection Agency
OSHA --- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
CDC --- Centers for Disease Control
CIA --- Central Intelligence Agency
CPSC --- Consumer Product Safety Commission
--- Counsel on Environmental Quality
GAB --- Grammar Acceptance Bureau
HHS ---Health and Human Services Department [Cabinet Level]
DHS --- Department of Homeland Security
DOJ ---Department of Justice
FDIC --- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

All of these organizations [and more] have policy making abilities that tempt them to "go rogue" and skirt any legislative requirements.
A sad example is the DOJ's use of the FDIC to enforce Operation Choke Point [during Obama administration] to deny banking services to targeted business, including firearms businesses.

Not only is your business at risk, these guys will flat kill you. Look at the ATF and FBI participation at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, where FBI agent Lon Horiuchi fatally shot Randy Weaver's wife and 10-month old daughter.

So I don't fear "Federal Gun Laws" so much... I can see those coming. The rogue rules and programs of the agencies, bureaus and departments are a more insidious basket of threats.

Scoop, you bring up a very good point. It doesn't take an act of congress to make rules, which in effect have the same outcome as laws, only the people responsible are not elected officials. As we are witnessing now, these "deep state" officials can wreak havoc on their own.

Back