• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The plight of the crappy drag racer.

Well, at least you have a whole summer coming up to work on it. The nearest strips to me aren't even opening for a few more weeks.

1967. Vent windows. Round turn signals (rather than rectangular). The second car I ever owned. Take care. Tom Worthington
Shoot. I was close. I don't know the Camaro's as well as the Chevelles. Still a beautiful car!

I the 4 wheel drag for 2 wheels nothing like hanging onto the rocket then being strapped in it..
You guys are crazy lol.

You guys are crazy lol.

My buddy had a Busa with a 12in stretch, head work, and nitrous.
I had it on the open Stretchy highway 225 with no spray and GPS 250 with spray.
You don't have tunnel vision it more like looking threw a straw at those speed. That bike never ran good on the track so we start planing on going to the land speed events but time, money, and new baby's end our run.

Last edited:
I grew up racing at Fremont International Raceway in Fremont, CA. It's the strip that was featured in American Graffiti. Boy, do I miss those days. I used to stage shallow and leave on the yellow. I was able to beat some quicker cars that way.

I just go out to the test and tunes. Sometimes they’ll line up a 600 hp car next to a 300 hp car.
As long as I don’t break anything I’m doing ok.

I haven't been to a drag race in about 3 years. I always enjoy watching though. Nice Camaro Tom.

That is Brewer's Speedway in Sharpsburg, NC. Depending on the weather conditions, I am typically in the 7.60-7.80 (1/8 mile) range. I bracket race. Take care. Tom Worthington
Got me beat. I’m a mid to high 8 with the occasional oops 9 second 1/8 mile man. Street tires, 5 speed, and newbster to racing make for some tough passes.
Fullninterior and cold a/c though. I need a set of slicks.

Attachments

• 8D654235-3204-426C-A36C-373B4FB982E0.jpeg
    8D654235-3204-426C-A36C-373B4FB982E0.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 853A2FDE-9C65-49F3-BDEC-C23BB854BB8D.jpeg
    853A2FDE-9C65-49F3-BDEC-C23BB854BB8D.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2AF4C5BE-A00B-403D-A6CC-4D31D49D3F48.jpeg
    2AF4C5BE-A00B-403D-A6CC-4D31D49D3F48.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 6
Got me beat. I’m a mid to high 8 with the occasional oops 9 second 1/8 mile man. Street tires, 5 speed, and newbster to racing make for some tough passes.
Fullninterior and cold a/c though. I need a set of slicks.

You are not beaten at all. Cut a light and run your number and you win. This is the beauty of bracket racing. You can be competitive without taking out a second mortgage on your home. By the way, driving a stick gains much respect...at least from me. Take care. Tom Worthington

You are not beaten at all. Cut a light and run your number and you win. This is the beauty of bracket racing. You can be competitive without taking out a second mortgage on your home. By the way, driving a stick gains much respect...at least from me. Take care. Tom Worthington
Is it between say 8.00-X time? You can go over but not under and whoever is closer to the 8.0 wins?
Or I go tell them that I’m gong to run an 8.13 and I have to try for 8.13?
Thanks on the stick, it’s tought at the strip. Makes for a fun sports car though. If I ever built a dragster I’d defiantly go auto.

It is specifically whatever number you chose. You can chose 8.00, but you best be able to run 8.00. If you chose 8.13, the same thing applies. Truth be told, what YOU do on the starting line is more important than anything else that happens. A perfect reaction time will beat a dead-on-the dial run. Take care. Tom Worthington

Back