• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The plight of the crappy drag racer.

It is specifically whatever number you chose. You can chose 8.00, but you best be able to run 8.00. If you chose 8.13, the same thing applies. Truth be told, what YOU do on the starting line is more important than anything else that happens. A perfect reaction time will beat a dead-on-the dial run. Take care. Tom Worthington
My torque hit is comes pretty quick and it’s almost all of it at once. I usually blow the tires off or bogg if I don’t drive it out of the hole. That was with a 3.73 rear but I have a 3.31 going in currently.
Cruising with 3.73’s gets old fast on the highway.

Got me beat. I’m a mid to high 8 with the occasional oops 9 second 1/8 mile man. Street tires, 5 speed, and newbster to racing make for some tough passes.
Fullninterior and cold a/c though. I need a set of slicks.

Nice Mustang Barh, looks like you take great care of it.

At least you are building skills and doing it right by being safe. I was one of those kids with the rice rockets in the industrial side of town making a mess of the nicely paved roads and running from police when they showed up. Luckily I got that out of my system quickly, but then soon after it was highway racing instead and then after that was mountain driving. I eventually stopped since I got married and had a kid. I couldn't bring myself to dig a financial pit that I would have to pay for the rest of my life to crawl out of. I'm already doing that with purchasing my first house.

At least you are building skills and doing it right by being safe. I was one of those kids with the rice rockets in the industrial side of town making a mess of the nicely paved roads and running from police when they showed up. Luckily I got that out of my system quickly, but then soon after it was highway racing instead and then after that was mountain driving. I eventually stopped since I got married and had a kid. I couldn't bring myself to dig a financial pit that I would have to pay for the rest of my life to crawl out of. I'm already doing that with purchasing my first house.
I was that kid too except going down a two lane small TX town, one car in each lane.
I’m 35 and domesticated now...

Back