• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

cheek rest woes

I don't know, do you?

If you're asking if there are alternatives, yes there are. But drilling is always an option.

I got one that fastens around the stock gives me a little ammo holder... I had to mess with the foam in the comb riser to get it where I liked it but it didn't take much. And it was cheap so if I didn't like it no harm no foul. I think it was an Amazon special for like 12 bucks.
4aa82751c1e24a66d2df2a6c78e5972f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I got one that fastens around the stock gives me a little ammo holder... I had to mess with the foam in the comb riser to get it where I liked it but it didn't take much. And it was cheap so if I didn't like it no harm no foul. I think it was an Amazon special for like 12 bucks.
4aa82751c1e24a66d2df2a6c78e5972f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yup..easy on easy off cheek riser and butt extension.

Got mine off ebay for cheap. Came with a ammo pouch also. Added some closed cell foam underneath to get it just right.

3hMbSSI.jpg

An even easier solution is installing a shorter set of scope rings if that gives your scope enough clearance to mount over the barrel.

Besides, having the scope as close to the bore (as possible provided that you don't have to scrunch up your cheekweld) is ideal and preferred way to mount an optic in the first place.

Try a strap on cheek rest and if you decide you like it enough then make it more permanent.

Not something I would do. Too many other options available than to ruin a stock. Just my humble opinion about it.

thanks guys a lot for your answers as i was having pretty much same questions... John, if you wouldn't do it, what then you would do? why? thanks!

Because there are far too many less intrusive ways to change your cheek weld than to make permanent alterations to a stock.

You can use the slip on cheek pads, and my favorite alternative is to just use the proper height scope rings in the first place.

Sometimes you still need a riser on certain guns depending on the comb of the stock even with the lowest set of rings that would allow you to mount the scope, but mounts come in various sizes. That's the obvious starting place to get the correct cheekweld with an optic.

Back