• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (July 2018) (Bug Out Handgun)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls.

In keeping with last months Survival Question, If you could only grab one handgun while heading out the door with a bug out bag, what would it be? This does not have to be a gun you currently own.

My G32 without reservation or hesitation or debate. Why its proven supreme reliable, and i have a .357, .40 and 9mm barrel.

Last edited:
Glock 20 10mm - good for bears, good for two legged predators, and everything in between.

Ugh. I haven't had a gun that hasn't failed me. Maybe I run the crap out of them or just bad luck.

Hell my gen 4 G19 slide stop spring ejected in a competition and bricked my gun for the day.

My Dan Wesson Valor side seized on the 6th shot.

Etc
Etc
Etc

But.... I'd probably grab my Wilson combat 9mm 1911. I shoot it the best and it has been more reliable than others. I'll just grab a bottle of lube on the way out the door lol.

https://instagram.com/p/BfE15r7htIE/

https://instagram.com/p/BfE3xNhBB0H/

America.

Not entirely sure, but it will have a surprising amount of muzzle flash and will deafen greek gods when the trigger is pulled. I intend to be one of those types that will draw all the zombies towards me just because I enjoy shooting and it relaxes me.

I'll be the most relaxed SOB you've ever seen. I'll be smiling so big, people will see me coming from afar and think I'm on zanax.

yippee-ki-ya y'all. Don't fear the end, slide into your grave kicking and fighting the whole way down. If it's my day to die, I'm taking as many as I can with me.

Not enough info given to "accurately" answer this question... ;) If just a pistol and no other firearm, probably a 1911. If a pistol and a carbine, I'd take a Glock 19 and matching AR-9.

Ugh. I haven't had a gun that hasn't failed me. Maybe I run the crap out of them or just bad luck.

Hell my gen 4 G19 slide stop spring ejected in a competition and bricked my gun for the day.

My Dan Wesson Valor side seized on the 6th shot.

Etc
Etc
Etc

But.... I'd probably grab my Wilson combat 9mm 1911. I shoot it the best and it has been more reliable than others. I'll just grab a bottle of lube on the way out the door lol.

https://instagram.com/p/BfE15r7htIE/

https://instagram.com/p/BfE3xNhBB0H/

America.
My very first pistol I ever purchased when I turned 21 has about a bazillion rounds thru it has never failed not once ! Seriously,
What is this piece ? S&w 686

Kel-tec PMR-30.

High capacity, decent power, not to loud and light.

Q: In keeping with last months Survival Question, If you could only grab one handgun while heading out the door with a bug out bag, what would it be?

I'm heading out the door... quick grab one gun... which gun?

The question on my mind is not Which Gun? The question is What Ammo is out there? For a long term I must buy, borrow or steal gun food. Right now I think I'd grab something that eats Lugers. G19 should be handy.

Not entirely sure, but it will have a surprising amount of muzzle flash and will deafen greek gods when the trigger is pulled. I intend to be one of those types that will draw all the zombies towards me just because I enjoy shooting and it relaxes me.

I'll be the most relaxed SOB you've ever seen. I'll be smiling so big, people will see me coming from afar and think I'm on zanax.
Here is a shirt for you to wear when you are calling them in
51FaZZob%2BEL._UX522_.jpg

For one that I have, it would have to be my saiga 12. there's plenty of 12g ammo out there.
for one i don't have, I would go with a revolver...less parts to fail on me....

I don't currently own a .50 or even a .46 ( ;) ) so my .45 or any good 1911 type.

Glock might be better tech, but I shoot the .45 better. My 9mm is a great gun, but Lugers are WEAK.

I would carry lugers in a belly gun only I wouldn't be taking a belly gun.

Full GI combat model 1911-A1.

Back