• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Holy Grail Ruger

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
Well Holy grail for me il probably never own, may not even interest yall. But there were rumors if Ruger 10/22s chambered in .22 Magnum ive been neck deep intl the gun trade a lloooonnnggg time and until today never actually laid eyes on one. I really would like it but il not pay price. Not sure how many made or how long. Ive seen a few on gunbroker but finally touched one in person. I walked into Bubbas Pawn n Gun (yes its really called that, has a sign and everything) and theyre it was on the counter. Heres a couple pics if ya like to see it. Not really any diff at first glance. But i soo like .22 mag.20180717_114154.jpg 20180717_114211.jpg

I could go for that!

I missed a great deal on a .22m Savage with fluted bull barrel and lovely stock, and I still hate myself.

I could go for that!

I missed a great deal on a .22m Savage with fluted bull barrel and lovely stock, and I still hate myself.
Ive have a Savage and a Steyr bolt 22mag, but a lil rotary mag semi auto of 10/22 fit and size would just curl my toes☺

I bought a lot of .22m ammo but I just own one tiny derringer-type revolver. She barks though!
Well not to be morbid or such. But the last dead man I saw met his demise from a 68 yr old man with a .22 mag pistol. The bad boy was burgaling the old mans sons house who lived next door. The old fella hollared to come outside hands up ! The dumb bad boy came out the door waving the sons bedside shotgun, no bueno. Pops hit him 2x in the chest one heart one lung story over.

Well it's just for those types of rare occasions that an old man like me owns one.

But yes sir, it will stop a man cold, once you get close enough to hit them with it (but you get five tries!)

When I took this revolver to the firing range my most accurate shots at 7 yards were using .22 shorts. With .22 LR I was shooting off to the left, and with .22 Magnums even farther off to the left.

I expected if I ever have to pull the trigger for real, it was going to be loaded with 5 magnums and I was going to wait till the last possible second.

Is that a $1000 price tag? :eek: I do like the molded stumps for Ruger scope rings but not that much... ;)

PS: I have fancied a Kel-Tec PMR-30 at one time or the other but it would seem to be another way for the kids to burn through somewhat "expensive" .22WMR ammo!

Last edited:
Well it's just for those types of rare occasions that an old man like me owns one.

But yes sir, it will stop a man cold, once you get close enough to hit them with it (but you get five tries!)

When I took this revolver to the firing range my most accurate shots at 7 yards were using .22 shorts. With .22 LR I was shooting off to the left, and with .22 Magnums even farther off to the left.

I expected if I ever have to pull the trigger for real, it was going to be loaded with 5 magnums and I was going to wait till the last possible second.
Id place in an orrifice at pbr, ear belly button or rectum and fire away. Probably ear being the least clean up after the fight.

An 8 year run is pretty short all things considered. Especially in pretty low numbers. I wonder where you'd even get spare mags for it?

It was probably kind of dirty and thus not as reliable as the long rifle.

Otherwise I'd imagine it would be very popular and they would still be making this.

I would probably buy one either way if I came across it at the right time.

Back