• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stock up !!

Well I was down to zero on .45acp so I went out today and bought a couple big boxes. I really should have bought more because it's becoming one of my favorite guns to shoot.

I have a lot of calibers so I don't keep a huge stock of any one particular.

Think yourselves lucky you can buy as much as you like... here in "Banned-it" country of the Uk, the amount of ammo for each calibre is limited to what they consider you need...
According to my FAC (FireArms Certificate), I can only possess 2000x .22rf, 750x .38/.357, 750x .223, 600x .308 and 500x 7.62x39.

That amount doesn't seem a pittance but then again, many "news" outlets would call that an "arsenal"... :rolleyes: For many here, that would be the amount expended for an all-day outing with the family... ;) Some quick calculations show a retailish value here in the US of around $800-$900 for the lot. Those seem like very arbitrary amount numbers with no real scientific basis aside from the fact they pulled them out of their arses and the arse is a part of the body, which is biology, which is science... :p

...so most people who shoot a reasonable amount reload their own.... and that doesn't get recorded on your FAC...

I assume the allowance totals would/should include reloaded ammo?--should Johnny Constable come looking in your safe?

Yes, those totals are the maximum ammout of that calibre you can possess at any one time... including factory or homeloads.

My totals have gone up over the years, as I've added to my "arsenal".... generally they allow you 5-600 per firearm...

As I have 4x .22's, I get 2000.. my son got his FAC last year and just has a 10/22... hes only alowed 600.

No, I'm totally legal... :D I think i currently have about 1500 .22's, 400 7.62x39, but only a hundred or so .223 /.308/.357... i've been using them the most recently.

No limits for me here. My only crime is I haven't locked up my latest ammo purchases & they are sitting out loose.

You don't have to lock up your ammo, but if someone steals my bullet and shoots it, I could be held liable for any damage or death when/if they trace it back.

If someone steals your gun here you'd better report it ASAP. If they steal your ammo, I don't think a police report absolves you. Probably better to clam up. Especially if they get reloads with your prints on them.

If someone stole my gun(s) I would certainly be reporting it anyway. Not just for the moral and ethical reasons behind it.

Other alternatives are insurance, and to make life harder for anyone who are later found to be in possession of them because I would require that the serial numbers be filed in the national stolen firearm database that all LEO have access to.

And if found, once the trial is over and they are no longer needed as evidence, they are ultimately supposed to be returned.

It was paycheck time this weekend.

Daryll, not to rub it in but I went to F&S yesterday and purchased 10 boxes (25 per box) of Remington 12 GA field loads ($4.98/box) and a bucket of 350 Remington 9 mm ($79.99). I had a $10 of coupon to boot:)

It was paycheck time this weekend.

Daryll, not to rub it in but I went to F&S yesterday and purchased 10 boxes (25 per box) of Remington 12 GA field loads ($4.98/box) and a bucket of 350 Remington 9 mm ($79.99). I had a $10 of coupon to boot:)

Now thats one of the weirdities of UK law.... shotgun ammo...

If i buy a single box of .22rf ammo, it has to within my allowance, be written down on my FAC, and stored in a locked cabinet.

As long as i have either a Shotgun Certificate (different to a FAC), or a shotgun on my FAC, I can buy as much 12ga ammo as I like without it being recorded, and I just have to store it "somewhere safe".

I bought a "slab" of 250 a couple of weeks ago, and its sitting on top of my ammo cabinet..I think i paid about £4.10 a box, but i do get a 10% discount at that shop... (the owner is the President of my gun club :D)

The last two years I have been shooting ammo I purchased years ago. I haven’t had to spend a dime on shells or cartridges for any class or range day in over two years. 7 months before the 2016 election I had an order from SG ammo arrive at my doorstep every payday. All orders were by the case instead of the box because the fear that crooked Hillary was going to win. I always write on the case the price I paid with shipping included, some amounts were a good savings and some prices are not happy to look at because today’s prices are lower.

Guess I could start looking at ammo again since I have some room now (two years in the making). Rule is purchase buy the case and when a good price is found. At least I don’t need any magazines, I have many still in the wrapper and never used. I’m still good on magazine and recoil springs for the handguns.

Not really "stocking" but enabling. ;) K98 sporter circa 1943, sporterized late 50s with scope, Monte stock, "spoon" bolt handle and curved safety for bolt clearance, no sights, etc. Probably hasn't been fired in 50 years.I have 100rds of war surplus duds... :( As I pull the bullets from the duds, (with great effort, I might add) perhaps I can use them with the new spent cases. Anyhow 8mm isn't readily available and when I found a local store with it, I HAD to buy a couple boxes at $19/20rds.

The .380 is for a $55.55 Lork "Monday Night Special" I would really like to see if it works... :)

Attachments

• 8mmammo.jpg
    8mmammo.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 9
  • k981.jpg
    k981.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 10
  • k984.jpg
    k984.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 10
I enjoyed shooting the .45-70 enough that I bought a set of RCBS dies today and a shell holder. I intend to start casting and loading for this gun.

I will probably never shoot an animal with this gun, but for me it's kind of like setting off fireworks. Lots of fun. ;)

No bullets yet because so far I only have a handful of empty cases. I'll start reloading when I have 50 to work with.

But I ordered another four boxes today plus a couple hundred more rounds of .45 ACP.

I was looking at some bullet moulds, but so far did not find the one of my dreams.

The last two years I have been shooting ammo I purchased years ago. I haven’t had to spend a dime on shells or cartridges for any class or range day in over two years. 7 months before the 2016 election I had an order from SG ammo arrive at my doorstep every payday. All orders were by the case instead of the box because the fear that crooked Hillary was going to win. I always write on the case the price I paid with shipping included, some amounts were a good savings and some prices are not happy to look at because today’s prices are lower.

Guess I could start looking at ammo again since I have some room now (two years in the making). Rule is purchase buy the case and when a good price is found. At least I don’t need any magazines, I have many still in the wrapper and never used. I’m still good on magazine and recoil springs for the handguns.
That sgammo is the devil. I get emails almost daily on the deals. I've taught myself not to open them. Otherwise I end up with ammo on my doorstep as well.

One of my buddies sells ammo now and so he's calling me up.

He's an FFL so it's legal for him to do this, and we get to split shipping costs and Hazmat.

After the first of the year though I'll need another background check, so with that going around everywhere I would expect some brisk sales from here till December 31

Without divulging too much info, that's what I have, not counting what's loaded in mags, and stored. So, yeah, I'm kind of a hoarder.
936b497a28a98da2812f5bb5e6270b4b.jpg

Think yourselves lucky you can buy as much as you like... here in "Banned-it" country of the Uk, the amount of ammo for each calibre is limited to what they consider you need...
According to my FAC (FireArms Certificate), I can only possess 2000x .22rf, 750x .38/.357, 750x .223, 600x .308 and 500x 7.62x39.

When you buy ammo, it has to be entered on your FAC, and you can't buy more than your allowance.... but of course theres no check that you have used all that you previously had, so it is possible to stockpile more than your allowance... but obviously illegal...and the Police do have the right to do spot checks if they suspect you of anything illegal.

Edit... another thought is that over here, factory ammo is pretty expensive compared to the US, so most people who shoot a reasonable amount reload their own.... and that doesn't get recorded on your FAC...

Thank you for the reminder of just some of the things I (we?) take for granted, just because of where I (we?) live. Take care. Tom Worthington

Back