• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (August 2018) (Trump Performance)

How do you rate President Trump's performance thus far?

• A (Great. I hope he has 4 more years after this term)

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • B (Pretty Good. He's making progress but a lot needs to be done yet.)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • C (Ok. Not enough promises fulfilled)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • D (Not to good. The negatives outweigh the positives)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F (When will this end. I wish Hillary were the President)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls.

Question: How do you rate President Trump's performance so far?

Please feel free to participate in this poll and comments regardless of what country you are from.

Keep comments respectful of each other as opinions are like butts...everyone has one.

Last edited:
C

"8 year assault on your gun rights has come to a crashing halt" is utter bullshit.

He's gone after bump stocks, got Florida to enact huge gun control, and is after 3D printer plans.

But his Supreme Court picks are pretty solid.

Grade = B
The most important thing I wanted out of the Pres [Whoever] in this term was a good SCOTUS confirmation. Gorsuch we got. OK.

I could stand 4 more years.

We are better off now than under BHO. We are MUCH better of now than if HRC would have been elected.

I will say that Trump pisses me off every day with his infantile behavior.
1) He should never use Twitter or Facebook. I would suggest he stick w/ an official page like whitehouse.gov and let somebody else make the entries or edit his before they are posted. "Correcting" errors in popular social media posts never works.
2) I know he likes to punch back, but I'm growing weary of all his disparaging nicknames for everybody. Even "Dishonest Hillary" is getting old.
3) I think he needs to STFU when it come to security, plans in the making, possible reactions to future events, etc. He is a Big Mouth. Not every thing he thinks needs to come out of his mouth or end up on Twitter. There are many things the public [and enemies] don't need to know.
4) He makes it too easy for foreign leaders to find excuses for indignant [and righteous] retorts.

But even as pissed as I get, I am still happy he was elected.

I can only hope.

Not even close. Unless his own tweets are now subject to propaganda against him.

But it's cool. As long as you're 21 you can buy a rifle in Florida.

Seems Twitter is another propaganda/"fake news" source, including Trumpy's own tweets! ;) A lot of knee-jerking back and forth! I don't usually pay attention to Twits and follow no one... I DO know it is rife with trolls! :rolleyes:

Believe you/me, I'm as irked as our Gubna/wannabee Senator's Scott kneejerkoffing with the new laws (age, bumpstocks, etc.) as any other patriotic FL resident. Do I dare skip the elections? That will be very doubtful--this will be a Trump v Clinton decision--the lesser of two knuckleheads! I have let the Governor know and come to think of it, he hasn't heard from me in a while so maybe I'll send him another Email...

I have to give an A. I have been personally touched by the Trump Presidency not once but twice. Things that may not matter to others but had an immediate effect on my life. His promised was fulfilled almost immediately and I support 100% the good the bad the in between. Im 54 and this was the very first time I ever actually pulled the lever for someone I actually wanted to give it a try vs someone I simply felt stuck with. So yeah Il support 4 more for sure. There are some items id handle different or would like addressed but im gonna stick with this one.

Seems Twitter is another propaganda/"fake news" source, including Trumpy's own tweets! ;) A lot of knee-jerking back and forth! I don't usually pay attention to Twits and follow no one... I DO know it is rife with trolls! :rolleyes:

Believe you/me, I'm as irked as our Gubna/wannabee Senator's Scott kneejerkoffing with the new laws (age, bumpstocks, etc.) as any other patriotic FL resident. Do I dare skip the elections? That will be very doubtful--this will be a Trump v Clinton decision--the lesser of two knuckleheads! I have let the Governor know and come to think of it, he hasn't heard from me in a while so maybe I'll send him another Email...

ummm not really. Trump prides himself on directly contacting with the people through Twitter. He's been on record for a lot of dumb shit regarding the second amendment. I can easily post video evidence of his idiocy on the second amendment during his presidency and can do so if you want. Will it stop me from voting for him again i 2020? No. But it's a huge effing issue with me. Including the Republicans stalling National Reciprocity and the Silencer legislation making it a non-NFA item.

He's done great things with the economy and the SCOTUS picks. But he's supported more outright gun control his first term than Obama did during the same time period. And the NRA has been backing his decision quite well which is why they can FOAD until they get new leadership. In fact, the leadership in FL was a direct result in most of the gun control wins after Parkland. There's a HUGE gun rights advocate in FL (in ARFcom) who's been trying to unseat Marion Hammer because she doesn't do anything other than collect a check and was a limp noodle during the gun debates after the tragedy. NRA changed some rules around to stop him from getting elected.

I have to say, after reading all this, that Trump's biggest impact on me is economic.

Obama cost us a lot of money by his actions affecting the stock market. Easily $150k+ in lost principle & earnings over his terms.

Mr. Trump has given a good part of that back to me, and prospects for the future return of it all, and more.

What happened to me happened to a lot of folks in my age bracket. We are the guys who are going to put Mr. Trump back in office.

A lot of folks on both sides want to think that he is nuts. I want to believe the guy has mad tactics, mystifying public strategies, and covert operating strategies, which is what's improving the country and keeping his opponents spinning.

Maybe he really is screwing around with the second A, & there is every possibility that he's doing it on purpose. He dons the role of the Loose Cannon Donald Trump to create a backlash. Them he can step back when there is the expected outcry, and say, "Whoa! Hey clearly This what the American people really want!"

From that point forward he can boldly support the Second Amendment, claiming a popular mandate.

This is particularly good if he can use this as a second-term election issue and carry through on it.

Mr. Trump may be mistaken sometimes, as we all are. He must also have read that bit from Shakespeare which says that "all the world's a stage."

IMO, The trick is to successfully play to the whole house.

Each Gallery down to the lowly pit Must Believe the message you are sending, that it is for them particularly, and it is what they want to hear more than anything, (or the bad news that they simply can no longer deny and must now accept.)

It takes quite the man to pull that kind of complex B$ off...
I guess we'll find out.

(edit..... also I want to bump him up to an A- )

Maybe he really is screwing around with the second A, & there is every possibility that he's doing it on purpose. He dons the role of the Loose Cannon Donald Trump to create a backlash. Them he can step back when there is the expected outcry, and say, "Whoa! Hey clearly This what the American people really want!"

From that point forward he can boldly support the Second Amendment, claiming a popular mandate.

Popular mandate like supporting "red flag" gun legislation that circumvents due process? Or as he put it, "take the guns, due process later".

Or raising the age to buy a firearm to 21?

Oh yeah he supports arming teachers... and Florida gets this regulation with a Republican Majority in the house and senate and a Republican Governor:

Does the New Florida Law Arm Teachers?
The answer is largely no, with a few exceptions. The law creates a voluntary program that could allow school staff members who complete 132 hours of firearm safety and proficiency training to carry guns, but staff members who “exclusively perform classroom duties as classroom teachers” are prohibited from participating in the program.

Exceptions to that prohibition include:

• Teachers who are in the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program
  • Teachers who are current service members
  • Teachers who are current or former law enforcement officers
School district participation in the program must be approved by local school board members and the sheriff’s office.

132 hours..... 132 hours.... 132 hours.... let that sink in for a minute. That's 17 eight hour training days. Let me break that down monetarily.... I do a few day long defensive pistol/rifle courses a year. The professional instruction in a group setting is roughly $200 per class. That's $3,400 total for that training. lets say that's 300 average round count per class @ $0.20 a round.... another $1,000 on ammo alone.

Guess how many hours to be a licensed professional armed security guard in Florida... hmmm lets take a look:

Additional Requirements for Class G Firearms License
In most cases, a security guard who will carry firearms will need to complete a 28 hour course to earn his or her Class G license. The course will be taught by a professional who holds a Class K firearm instructor license.

The course will teach a state-mandated curriculum (http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Div...ms/G-License-Classroom-and-Range-Requirements). Legal aspects of use will comprise 12 hours. Safety and mechanics will comprise another 11 hours; this portion will culminate in a written test. Up to eight hours will be credited for firearms qualification; this portion will include practical exercises and qualifying rounds.

Shall I continue?

In case you'e wondering why I'm hammering this hard.... this is a GUN FORUM and I'm pretty savagely a one issue voter due to my geographical location.

I don't think we're communicating Monkey.

Remember that the president is not a dictator, & in order to get his way on difficult issues he needs some kind of additional support. Public. Us.

I feel it's not there yet. I think Trump does too. There will be time. The SCOTUS could well lose a woman overnight.

The signs are not so negative yet.

more later....yawn...

I have to say, after reading all this, that Trump's biggest impact on me is economic.

Obama cost us a lot of money by his actions affecting the stock market. Easily $150k+ in lost principle & earnings over his terms.

Mr. Trump has given a good part of that back to me, and prospects for the future return of it all, and more.

What happened to me happened to a lot of folks in my age bracket. We are the guys who are going to put Mr. Trump back in office.

A lot of folks on both sides want to think that he is nuts. I want to believe the guy has mad tactics, mystifying public strategies, and covert operating strategies, which is what's improving the country and keeping his opponents spinning.

This is particularly good if he can use this as a second-term election issue and carry through on it.

Mr. Trump may be mistaken sometimes, as we all are. He must also have read that bit from Shakespeare which says that "all the world's a stage."

IMO, The trick is to successfully play to the whole house.

Each Gallery down to the lowly pit Must Believe the message you are sending, that it is for them particularly, and it is what they want to hear more than anything, (or the bad news that they simply can no longer deny and must now accept.)

It takes quite the man to pull that kind of complex B$ off...
I guess we'll find out.

(edit..... also I want to bump him up to an A- )

Very well articulated as always Cadq , well put in words as always sir.

Obama had a plan. He used his first four years to set up the next four. Fortunately he was held in check by the Republican held house and senate. Hillary was supposed to mop up whatever Obama did not get accomplished. Just take a look at the way things are now compared to just 10 years ago.

I also wish the president would back off at times. He provides the media with a way of not talking about what he has accomplished. Tax cuts and deregulation require time to have any real affect on most peoples lives. The same with negotiations with other countries. They take time. Too many want instant gratification in todays society.

Often I see tv pundits compare trump to presidents of days long ago. Those presidents did not serve in a world with social media making everyone think he or she is more important than anyone else. Social media also makes it possible for folks to organize protests at the drop of a hat and the media is more than happy to make that the most important question of the day.

Anyway, I like what the president has done against the odds he is up against.

Thank you DJ.

I think this is the best thing that's happened to America in about 30 years.

They say that Fresno County has the lowest unemployment in the past 40 years. Anybody that owns a hammer can find work.

It's Trump. Evil Trump. Giving people what they need most.

Not Hillary's heartfelt chummy good feelings, but steady income.

I think by the next election this will sink in with a lot more voters.

Thank you DJ.

I think this is the best thing that's happened to America in about 30 years.

They say that Fresno County has the lowest unemployment in the past 40 years. Anybody that owns a hammer can find work.

It's Trump. Evil Trump. Giving people what they need most.

Not Hillary's heartfelt chummy good feelings, but steady income.

I think by the next election this will sink in with a lot more voters.
There is a local NW Georgia general chat forum, someone came on and said who is hiring in area ? A resounding response from many was simply EVERYONe is hiring right now !!!!

My belief all along is that President Trump is using the airhead socialite billionaire routine, as a smokescreen to Buffalo people. He may not be the world's greatest actor but he's managed to convince people to make him very rich.

One of the hardest things to do as an actor is to play a really stupid person. Jerry Lewis showed us how to do it because he was brilliant.

The Democrats want us to believe that Trump is a really stupid person, and he has only become rich by selling America out to the Russians, hiring illegal workers, paying them substandard wages, cheating on taxes and filing numerous bankruptcies.

As they sell America out to the Arabs and Chinese Etc.

Back