• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Indiana

KMANN1371

Copper BB
rps20180820_215719.jpg New member here.
Just picked up this 835 with mossy oak camo from a pawn shop for $160. What a deal. Tried to tell the wife that I practically stole it for that price but she was not a bit impressed. Gun lovin' husband's burden .
Just need to find a mossy cantilevered slug barrel and she will be perfect.

Last edited:
KMANN, Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.

I don't know exactly what the max pic size is, but from one of my phones I have to edit them in a photo app to get them to fit. The older phone seems to fit OK. Maybe one of the admins will drop in w/ some advice.

BTW, I had a system way back in the late '90s when I started buying guns and their food for fun. I always made a deposit in a "matching" account of the price. So if I spent $2500 on my junk and anybody complained, I could say, "Hey, I only spent half of what I could have. Here is what I didn't spend." It made a nice booty at the end of the years. [... and I never had any complaints from the gal who will be with me 50 years next week.]
license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

KMANN, Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.

I don't know exactly what the max pic size is, but from one of my phones I have to edit them in a photo app to get them to fit. The older phone seems to fit OK. Maybe one of the admins will drop in w/ some advice.

BTW, I had a system way back in the late '90s when I started buying guns and their food for fun. I always made a deposit in a "matching" account of the price. So if I spent $2500 on my junk and anybody complained, I could say, "Hey, I only spent half of what I could have. Here is what I didn't spend." It made a nice booty at the end of the years. [... and I never had any complaints from the gal who will be with me 50 years next week.]
license_20121027180427_80337.jpg
Happy Anniversary
Scoop!

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your "new to you" Mossy.

I use Windows paint to resize the pics.

Welcome from MI!!

I bought a 835 for the same price a few years ago and it was in such sad shape it required a complete makeover. I'd say you got a great deal on that gun.

Thanks for the pics.

Welcome from MI!!

I bought a 835 for the same price a few years ago and it was in such sad shape it required a complete makeover. I'd say you got a great deal on that gun.

Thanks for the pics.
Just took it out yesterday and put a dozen shells thru her...functions perfectly

Considering getting the 835 combo, with the deer / turkey barrels. other than than being a little heavier, is there any real difference between them and the 535? Does Mossberg even make those anymore?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Considering getting the 835 combo, with the deer / turkey barrels. other than than being a little heavier, is there any real difference between them and the 535? Does Mossberg even make those anymore?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

I,have limited input that years back bought wife brand new 535 turkey thug , she fired once 1 uno time, said make this go away. She is a seasoned shotgunner and,hunter. Simply hated it for heavy loads, I,believe the 835 much beefier better suited for deer/turkey type ammo. Ymmv of,course

:cheers:
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
I have an 835 as ell. It's a beast!!
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...

:welcome:

Back