• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Finally at the bench

dieselmudder

.30-06
Elite Member
"Philanthropist"
It's been near a year since I've sat at my reloading bench. Busy with family, home improvement, etc. I'm sure you all know what I mean.

I like to give pet loads a name, once I get the recipe just right. So tonight I'm working on an experimental batch of 9mm, of course I'm consulting reloading manuals, and following all safe reloading practice.

Once I'm satisfied with this loading it will be called my "democratic safety net" I have 1000 hydrashok pull downs, and several pounds of Accurate No.5. Looking for some top end velocity, and CQB accuracy from the 9mm AR pistol. Then will load in bulk.

d302fbcf631758bfd309d5258fe33454.jpg

Those are some nice looking pills. Where did you find them at?

AA5 is great powder for 9mm. And a thousand Hydra-Shok bullets is just amazing!!!

Cool times ahead for you. Congrats.

So my load is slightly higher than printed data that I found in 2 places. I saw no overpressure signs, or erratic behavior.

My results were 1325 fps, from an 8.5 in barrel. With about a tennis ball size group at 22 yards. As I was shooting steel, I didn't have nice clean holes to accurately measure.

For comparison, factory Federal HST, was travelling at 1335 fps, from the same barrel.

With a little luck next weekend I'll be able to load a couple hundred to start the stockpile.

Back