• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

One of my favorite things: the Mossy 695 Slugger

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
A couple yrs ago i began delving into slugs due to some shotgun only areas available to me at the time. After a much trial and error some documented on the forum, I ran across this Mossberg 695 Slugster ? Bolt action Rifled box fed hmmmm. 20180903_160411.jpg 20180903_160359.jpg
I looked at it literally for several months in the old used section. Finally I worked the deal i wanted and took it home. WOW is all Incan say:
A. First impression UGLY
B. WAKE the dead loud !!!!!!
C. Recoil is substantial if ya want scope eye this will give it to ya Be Careful.
D. Insanely accurate like i was blown away once settling on Hornady 300grn Monoflex(expensive). But the accuracy was startling after using smoothbores so much. Now she aint ugly no more she is freaking gorgeous !!! I LOVE THIS GUN!!!!!!!!!
It is wearing a Simmons 1x5 shotgun scope and is zeroed at 150yds, yes 150 for the slugger. That puts me 2.5 high at 75yds and 6" low at 200 . This is current fav hunter for close range 150yards and under rifle or shotty areas. Why ??? Cause 300 grain slugs typically bang flop what they hit. And nobody else is toting one in my area I kinda like that.
This wont appeal to all its my rubinesk lady of the gun world and i love evry inch

Ahh forgot how accurate ?
Well she cloverleafs at 100yds
At 200 i can hit a 3x5 index card whenever i want to. So for chuckin a slug thats for me.
My buddys words were thats about as far away from being a shotgun as ya can get and still fit a shotgun shell.

That looks like a fine gun DJ. I bet it's fun to shoot too. You probably won't see another like it when ya go shootin.

That looks like a fine gun DJ. I bet it's fun to shoot too. You probably won't see another like it when ya go shootin.
Well for me its fun ti shoot once or twice im no recoil sissy but it punches with real authority couple that with the ammo im using is basically 3bucs per kaboom LOL. I do like the energy it brings to the table

Back