• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Annoying news... and some good news

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
The old Water Monkey has had a lagging elbow tendonitis issue the past couple of years. 5 cortisone shots have yet to alleviate the issue (problem rears its ugly head 3-5 months after injections). I've done PT, worn a brace for months, took pills etc. So they are going to cut me open and do some shaving in my left elbow to stop the friction.

Injury occurred when I moved to another apartment and was lifting boxes for 4 days up stairs non-stop. Probably sealed the deal when I pulled my friend over a wall during a 13 mile tough mudder obstacle course run 3 weeks after my move.

So I'll have a 6-12 week recovery time depending on the outcome of the surgery which includes 2x a week PT.

Surgery is to be scheduled in December. I'll call in November to make it official (too soon to schedule it now).

That's the annoying news.

Good news is that I'm in full mode to finish off 1 build and update my first AR build.

I inherited a Frankford portable reloading bench which I'm turning into a portable vice stand so I can officially finish off any builds without using my buddy's. On top of that I made some moves during the labor day sales to get parts in to finish off the AR-9.

End of October I should have the AR-9 substantially built and will get the final parts in with black friday sales.

My first AR build will be upgraded with the SLR Helix rail, Geissele 3Gun flat trigger, and a Faxon match .223 Wylde barrel with Water Monkey Blue accents because... life is too short to shoot an ugly gun.

That is all and work sucks for me this time of year.

Water Monkey

It'll probably help you over the long term.

Cortisone shots are only to help lubricate the joints. Not really different than squirting some oil down in the slide rails when you start getting feed and extraction failures.

It does wear off eventually. If you are getting 3-5 months between shots, you should consider yourself lucky.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the support.

Been over a week after the injection and the pain is 90% gone. But I know it's temporary.

He was holding off on the surgery for over a year hoping it would heal itself. Knowing what I know now I probably should have been placed under the knife a year ago after the 3rd injection.

Good news is that I'm getting in packages this week from tools to finish builds to parts. Gotta go vise shopping next weekend and start putting together some lowers and uppers.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the support.

Been over a week after the injection and the pain is 90% gone. But I know it's temporary.

He was holding off on the surgery for over a year hoping it would heal itself. Knowing what I know now I probably should have been placed under the knife a year ago after the 3rd injection.

Good news is that I'm getting in packages this week from tools to finish builds to parts. Gotta go vise shopping next weekend and start putting together some lowers and uppers.
I'll be happy to loan anything I have, tool wise.

This is awful Water Monkey. I have these sorts of problems in my wrists knees and elbows from old sports injuries, so I feel for you quite literally.

My mom had knee problems and knee replacement surgeries and cortisone injections and all of that crap, and I watched her go through a lot of misery. I would not let them give me the injections, because my belief is they actually make the problems worse long-term, based on what I saw with my mom.

But I am no doctor, so please ignore anything that sounds like medical advice from me.

I've basically taken off six months from skating due to the tendonitis in my right ankle. And this is what I needed more than anything because it is much better now. I had to quit abusing it constantly for it to recover.

There was a point when I thought I was going to have a bone spur shaved in my right heel but thankfully I have been able to avoid that. I was able to limit my exercise and recover but I know not everyone has that luxury.

I wish you well buddy.

I just came across this thread. Surgery sucks, but so does chronic pain. Hopefully the elbow will be better than new after the recovery period.

Meanwhile, you have your vice project to work on. Hopefully that all goes well.

Grrrreat...it’s not like you aren’t grumpy and crusty enough already! If I didn’t know better I’d swear you were already sittin’ on the porch everyday waitin’ for the mailman with a shotgun in your lap!
:lol:

Hope all goes well man. Those cortisone shots are hard on the joints after awhile. You’re gonna be much better off after surgery I’d guess.

Grrrreat...it’s not like you aren’t grumpy and crusty enough already! If I didn’t know better I’d swear you were already sittin’ on the porch everyday waitin’ for the mailman with a shotgun in your lap!
:lol:

Hope all goes well man. Those cortisone shots are hard on the joints after awhile. You’re gonna be much better off after surgery I’d guess.

I'm in the height of my busy season. I'm about as effing grumpy as one can be doing 15 hour days with no weekends off.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!

December 19th my surgery is scheduled. Go for pre-screening in 2 weeks. Wrapping up my last assignments the next 3 weeks. Will have 20 days off to recover as I saved most of my time off.

Back