• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning MOers. It's cloudy this morning and 75. We have a chance again for rain, mainly afternoon. We got a little over an inch at the house yesterday but a little more this afternoon would be fine.
Cadd, I like the way you think. Save money to buy ammo, and you'll have time to use some of the ammo. Maybe even get out on the Nomad for a spin.
I wonder where everyone is this week ? Recovering from the holiday weekend perhaps. That's the only thing bad about holidays. You have to catch up when they end.LOL.
I'm heading to Omaha tomorrow. I'll be there until Tuesday or Wednesday, then drive home.

Have a great day and a great weekend.

Its a hot one already today folks. All my honey dos are outside getting ready for hunt season approaching this year we focus on grandkids. Picked up a couple of double ladder stands for that and have a couple ground blinds already. I will say id gladly pay double if this crap came assembled !!!!! Yall have a great day today we all blessed we woke up. 15363280061441231981352.jpg

Well good morning Mossbergers !!!
Hope everyone is well today. Today is a strange one, its actually opening day of archery season my bow is tuned im dialed in stands are set and deer on cams etc.... Alarm at 430 woke made coffee, and im still on porch enjoying it i just aint feeling it today?? Its to darn hot doesnt feel like deer hunt time. Our beloved BAMA has home opener today in Tuscaloosa, wife and son left about an hour ago for that again something I rarely miss but today I think i just wanna relax at home and do a whole lot of nothing with my dogs ?? Anyone else ever get that mood.
So Roll TIde and I hope all who hitvthe woods have safe enjoyable time.
Il be here when ya get back

Yeah, mornin' DJ.
I am constantly afflicted by such moods.
I have a long list of tasks stretching out before me, and I need to look away from time to time so I won't simply die of despair over the volume of impending work. Today I am still fixing the house, but preparing to loaf a couple days now.

Today my wife is going to a memorial service for her departed niece. I chipped in for the expenses. but she will be going without me because I have zero interest in socializing with her niece's reprobate children and grandchildren. I blame them for her life of struggle and her untimely death, and I am motivated to inflict the same upon them.

It is better to stay home and respect the law, God's commandments, an my own desire for peace and quiet.

Last edited:
Yeah, mornin' DJ.
I am constantly afflicted by such moods.
I have a long list of tasks stretching out before me, and I need to look away from time to time so I won't simply die of despair over the volume of impending work. Today I am still fixing the house, but preparing to loaf a couple days now.

Today my wife is going to a memorial service for her departed niece. I chipped in for the expenses. but she will be going without me because I have zero interest in socializing with her reprobate children and grandchildren. I blame them for her life of struggle and her untimely death, and I am motivated to inflict the same upon them.

It is better to stay home and respect the law, God's commandments, an my own desire for peace and quiet.
Go easy buddy, take a rest day for sure. Sorry for family loss prayers for comfort and peace to you and wife today.

Thank you DJ.

I managed to put up my wife's new towel holder, robe hook, a door stop, refinish & re-hang the hall bathroom door, and hang a BIG mirror (six feet long) over the vanity.

Now my wife can see herself in the mirror and pee with the door closed. Being a man I don't really have the same emotional relationship with those experiences, but she is so happy about it all that she's quit hating on me (that I refused to go to the funeral home.)

Good morning all, excited it church supper day after service ya wont eat much better anywhere. Im bringing a smoked butt as usual no post on the ol weber because sacrilidge ! I did not use it, im nervous i used the wife Masterbuilt electric smoker aarrgghh. She loves it i did like quick setup and forget lets see how product is hers are always good. BUT i dont feel like ive done anything or had my cerebral ritual smoker time nor sent wafts of mouth watering smoke down hillside to surrounding folks. Lol well i was tired and had wanted to try it. Well see. Have an awesome day the Lord has givin us all.

Good Monday morn all, we have a break from heat this a.m. rained all night. Feels good today. The butt from the electric smoker was fine all enjoyed BUt in my opinion it did not have the degree of smoke i prefer, would i use again sure but not replacing true charcoal and wood on a regular basis, nope.
Heres a cool pic just looked up saw this fella I love these guys always thought they very cool creatures20180910_102701.jpg 20180910_102756.jpg

that I refused to go to the funeral home

Good morning Mossy lovers.

Cadd, I am SO with you. Not just for avoiding the bad folks, but I don't feel comfortable in those maudlin events.

In fact I have requested that no such services be held for me.

My take is that the first word in Funeral is "Fun" and that should be the theme of eventual demise.

I have made instructions and set aside money for voluntary gatherings of the three main [sometimes overlapping] groups of friends: Those interested in shooting, motorcycles, and card playing.

There are instructions to my family how to post a message on my Mossbergowners account announcing then end of my posting days. There will be details how to partake of whatever fun get-together I design.

The most definitive in my mind right now is a poker tournament for which I will fund a substantial prize pool, eats, and drawings for books in my library. Wish I could be there.

Not formulated yet is the motorcycle bunch. Maybe a ride of some of my favorite routes with some sort of scavenger hunt. I need advice for this probably.

The shooters will have some competition in a format that I designed back in 1999. Bunch of goodies for that one.

So when my son posts my Good-Bye in Good Morning, start making your plans. Tears will be inappropriate.

Good morning, a day of rememberance. Never forget this day that many suffered many were lost, the lives and course of lives of literally MILLIONS changed this day beginning at 0826. The effects continue still and will always be. Do NOT forget the day our country was attacked !!!!! The day the liberals the conservatives and all in between screamed break the emergency glass and release those who defend us please save us please protect us !!!!
Don't F#*=ng Forget !!!!!!
Dave out.

Last edited:
Its another nice morning today, rain last night. Spotted the cat doing her work this morning. Its about half tame was here when we bought the place. The dogs dont bother with and ive not seen rodents so shes welcome to stay
Yall have a great day 20180912_084644.jpg

Good Morning Mossberg owners.

Yesterday was to be a day of relaxation. Instead I installed a big lazy susan and refinished doors.

I smoked a pork roast on the BBQ and we watched movies. OK, actually I relaxed a lot.

I remember 911 but I don't like to. I saw the second plane crash on live TV. Damn Arabs.

Lots of honest but unqualified folks claimed the US did this to provoke war. Total nonsense IMO, and the ASCE debunked all those claims of pre-set demolition charges.

Every structural engineer I know (9 of them, and all social democrats but for 3) looked at those buildings as a reasonably solid structural system with the same weak link which affects all multi-story structures of past eras: The floor attachments to the walls were insufficient to hold the floors in place, once the walls bulged out a bit at the middle. This causes a "zipper failure" of the floor attachments, and then of all the floors. Once the first floor peels loose around the edge and falls ten feet, it hits so hard the rest must fall like dominoes.

This structural condition affects nearly every building built before this century. It caused the famous Frisco Bay Bridge collapse. Look at any historic building in San Francisco, and you can see lots of steel rods and plates added to prevent the walls from bulging out and releasing the floors and roofs. These were all engineered before we understood this issue as a likely mechanism for structural collapse.

Not enough big structures had undergone similar failures before the 1970's to point this out.

Good morning all. I got back from Omaha yesterday and of course had things to do immediately. The trip was great. Excellent weather, I stayed with my youngest son and his family. Went to a baseball game that one of my oldest son's was playing, and got to fly three days in a row.

Cadd, I know how you feel about the funeral. There are some in my family I would just as soon not be around if it can be avoided. The older I get the easier that becomes.

Scoop, it looks like you have given much thought as to how you would like to be remembered. We should all do the same.

Dj, good mornings to you. I like your early morning optimism. We are all blessed each and every morning we are able to open our eyes and get out of bed.

I hope each and every one of you has a great day.

Hello Mossberg owners.

I spent a good deal of today refinishing an aluminum window and is looking really beautiful. This was the bathroom window and it was pretty crusty until I disassembled it completely and refinished the whole thing.

But it was a very time-consuming job to turn this aluminum window (which was painted dark architectural bronze) into a brushed metal finish with clear coat.

I just had to do it since all the hardware in my bathroom is now brushed metal.

Anyhow there was lots of scraping and sanding by hand to get a nice directional brushed finish look on all the metal. My hands are just sore as hell and they're going to be worse tomorrow.

Good morning Mossberg owners. It's a beauty of a day here in Oklahoma. Clear skies, the air is calm, and a temp of 72. We'll be heading to the lake this afternoon and it's supposed to be nice there all weekend. We are getting into my favorite time of year.

Hopefully I'll get to do a little shooting this weekend. Looks perfect for it.

You all have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning all ya Mossy folks
It was a foggy one today but sun has burned through and we expect a hot one
I had used my little yard tractor to put in a couple small food plots last week or so and was pondering an idea of a little fall garden yesterday i got motivated and got er did lets see how collards and cabbage and romaine like this heavy clay rock soil??? Ps my yard tractor implements are homemede, the cost and quality of the thin chinese junk available was not acceptable. We went old school steel and strong and heavy kept up they will last generations. 20180913_090447_HDR.jpg 20180913_095749.jpg 20180914_084902.jpg 20180908_124127.jpg

Back