• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Walking Dead... (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Is it just me, or did this character completely drop that weird way of talking when she ran the junkyard?

TWD9_FLARE_Pollyanna_0007_RT-800x600.jpg

Take care. Tom Worthington

I noticed that too.

Another snoozer... What happened anyway? :rolleyes: I wasn't paying attention as I was going over colleges and transcripts with my daughter.

Now I HAVE been paying attention to "Forged in Fire" and "Knife or Death" which follows immediately after. These shows air Weds. at 9 and 10 EST on History Channel. FinF is sort of like "Survivor" (which I haven't watched in a decade or so) where contestants get voted out of the forge by the judges. But that is about as hokey as it gets and I have learned a lot about edged weapons, forging, knifemaking and metallurgy from the show. KorD is more of an action event and getting winded seems to be the most likely way to not finish the course...

I guess the second half of Walking Dead began last week? I'm not really following so it was "news" to me. I've honestly lost interest in it... Too much "social" shit and not enough carnage. Plus horses and carriages? :rolleyes: Sorry, I prefer my apocalypses to be more like "Mad Max" and less like "Little House on the Prairie"... :D

Kathy and I are about a season behind what is happening. Maybe two. The guy with the bat is still alive. Rick's son is dead. Rick and the sword girl are getting it.

I quit watching during the fight with Negan. After the break I just never picked it back up. It just became too much of a soap opera drama rather than a survival show. They kind of lost what made it unique and enjoyable for me.

I watched last night's episode...yawn. Helped get me drowsy and to sleep. In addition to the lack of combustion-powered vehicles (internal OR even EXTERNAL), the lack of explosion-propelled projectiles also has me baffled. Don't get me wrong--edged weapons and arrows/bolts have their place but what happened to the trillions of rounds of ammo that must exist in this country? :rolleyes:

And I'm curious (but not THAT curious) how FTWD is going to tie into this show considering TWD is now 5? years in the "future". Isn't Morgan on a quest to get back to Alexandria or something? :rolleyes:

I really like how this show started out the first couple seasons. But I just can't get into it anymore. every once in awhile I go back and watch an episode or so, and then realized I just don't like it.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Yea, I'm not too impressed with the direction this is going....

Unless they start kneeling during the national anthem, I figure I'm going to be watching til they go off the air. :) Take care. Tom Worthington
Yeah, I’m a diehard too Tom. I keep hoping it will get better again...lol. I like the remaining original characters and I guess I wanna know how it all works out for them. I don’t have any real affinity for any of the new(er) characters and wouldn’t be distressed if they were killed off.

I’m curious to know how these supposed stand-alone TWD movies they’ve talked about will work into the plot or backstory of the show...**shrug**. I dunno, I think they’ve been pulled in too many directions already. More could just dilute the whole story too much.

Love twd, since beginning. There,were,some meh times I believe Neegan saved show for me. Now last week ???? Not sure what that was a couple more like that may kill it for,me.

Just my opinion, but since season 3 they seemed to have trouble developing characters. I think it’s really affected the overall feel and flavour of the show.

I think it’s safe to say with Frank Darabont’s (season 1 and part of 2) and Glenn Mazzara’s (part of 2 and season 3) departures the show has never made the same impact since. Darabont may have been difficult but it was him that adapted the comic for the screen. Those first 3 seasons were amazing. If you’re not sure, go back and re-watch. I did...almost made me wish I hadn’t but was reminded why I loved the show. We’ve had a lot of hot garbage posing as the TWD since. Not every episode but there’s been some real stinkers and some pretty consistent weak writing. The cast is generally great but they can only do what they’re told. I’ve been hoping Angela Kang can turn it around but after what I’ve seen so far...I’m not sure. I’m glad Scott Gimple is not running it hands on anymore...I think he just about killed the show and did for many, many people. Lots of people won’t ever tune in again.

I keep watching, hoping it will get better. The first 3 seasons were great, then they started killing off some of my favorite characters. They really should have kept Abraham and Glen. Now Maggie's gone. I don't miss Carl or Rick. And Michonne has turned into someone I don't like. Ha, Judith has become my favorite character.

I'm simply holding out for a Negan/Lucille reunion to,save the show.
I keep thinking that, with Maggie out of the picture, Negan will make a come back. He will change his ways tho and become one of the good guys, somehow saving the community from the Whisperers.

Back