• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning MOers, cloudy and 29 on the back porch this morning.

Mike, glad to hear you have some irons in the fire and things are looking good. One door closes another opens.
I bet you get that ride in Scoop. There will be some good days. Dj, new neighbors for you. We have some of those critters around here as well.

OK, you guys have a great day.

Mornin fellas. it was a beautiful warm day yesterday. It wa a high of 56! I had the shop door open, and working on stuff. Today, not so much.It's 36 right now, and most likely won't get too much higher.
Stay warm peeps...

. . . usually at work . . . I was laid off on Friday . . .

Good Luck bud. Job hunting sucks, but it is exciting. I can say that the hunting is often the most exciting part.

. . . hey we got Buffalo . . . (!)

Good Luck to you too! I hope they don't trash the place. Can't be worse than the bears, right?

. . . Got out for a few miles yesterday on the 'cycle . . .

You're lucky. I still need to do my clutch, but have been working on my truck, and was roped into fixing some beater my buddy bought cheap. I will do that this week, but my wife has charity sale junk stacked up behind my bike, and I promised to re-hang all the pictures today, so cannot start yet.

Truthfully, this remodeling has taken a lot out of me, because I care about this stuff way too much, and so many things in the works have been postponed. What I need most is some time off.

Conclusion: I should go fishing. Time to charge up the boat.

Scoop said:

Cadd said:
You're lucky. I still need to do my clutch...

I reply:
Get out there! Bump start it --- ride --- don't stop --- kill engine in driveway on return. Wheee!

Good morning all. Clear skies and 29 degrees. The high today should approach 50, then back to winter. LOL, if you can call what we have winter.

I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

Scoop said:

Cadd said:
You're lucky. I still need to do my clutch...

I reply:
Get out there! Bump start it --- ride --- don't stop --- kill engine in driveway on return. Wheee!

Thanks, but I don't think anyone can bumpstart a Nomad, and especially with a slipping clutch, but the engine will start fine.
It just won't go over about 65mph because the clutch slips.

I could go ride it around after I move 10 boxes of junk. What I really need to ride is my boat.
I got out shopping and bought some bait. The boat is charged up. It's damp today, but I expect the weather will dry up today and tomorrow I will get out fishing.
If it rains I need to get a new tarp. The current one covering the boat is rotting.

Good morning everyone, 45 and cloudy this morning. Tomorrow should be ok, then tomorrow evening we get some winter weather. Looks like 3 or 4 inches of snow and maybe even some freezing rain.I think it will be a good time to stay indoors.

Good luck with the fishing Cadd. That sounds relaxing.

The rest of yous have a great day and stay safe.

@meanstreak
Hmmm....maybe that was just a challenge to the rain gods. It's pouring rain, so no fishing today.

The rains have been needed, and so I'll let the lakes fill up for a while.

Temps here have been quite moderate and I don't foresee freezing weather for another month.

Too bad that global warming never worked out. I wouldn't mind in NYC and LA were both under water right now. They're leading the nation into lunacy. (Florida too. They kind of deserve it because they won't exterminate those alligators. They seem proud of the damn things.) We should get more rain here as a result.

They believe it's the equatorial coast that floods out first. Plus, as the polar ice melts the whole earth re-balances a bit. The earth bulges at the equator. A lot, and that's earth bulging. Extra water of a more liquid planet will mainly add to the bulging.

That could mean Florida and LA flood long before NYC. The Earth's wobble and tilt will change. That could mean big climate shifts in some places. Think about changing migration patterns in the future. Things are seldom stable in human time frames, and never in the geologic.

OK, that's enough misanthropy for this morning. Ya'll have a nice day!

Good morning MOers. Cloudy and 34 degrees this morning. High today in the high 30s with snow later tonight into tomorrow morning. Maybe a couple of inches is in store for us.

It's hard to believe this year is almost over. It seems like it just began. My my time flies when you are having fun.

I hope you all have a great day.

Woke early this a.m. let dogs out about 5 to some drizzly sleet on thw cheeks actually felt refreshing. To warm for snow today. Its RED Friday so a moment for all those in harms way far from home. Good Morning all and have a great day.

Good morning all. Cloudy and 32 this morning. So far all of the precipitation has stayed south of us. We could use some moisture , but I can do without icy streets.

I have to run some errands today, but hopefully and hour or so will be all that's required.

Have a great day all.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

There is some fog this morning but the rain has stopped and it is dry enough to go put up Christmas lights today. My wife my wife has been busy decorating the house and I am starting to get in the spirit myself a little bit.

Soon I will have to go in search of a Christmas tree. Because of the fires and the droughts the pickings will be pretty slim this year.

I think this may become the year of the $100 Christmas tree. ;(

Good morning all, lil rainy day. So far no Christmas Tree or mention. I would love to put up one of those little desk top office ones and call it good. But I know the command I dread will be coming any moment. :(
Years of all out Chtistmas raising 5 kids sucked the spirit right outa me LOL. I love to see it from a distance with the Grands but id just as well not rearrange the house if possible. Wife been working so much shes not started but I know its coming any moment.

DJ, I love Christmas once I get into the mood for it. But sometimes I'm not the first one, and that can be a burden.

This year my wife has been particularly gracious in regards to everything Christmas, so far . . .

I got down the 20 boxes of Christmas ornaments and accoutrement from the attic and my wife has been gayly distributing the contents about.

The whole business is starting to cheer me up in spite of the poor stock market performance.

I won't be destitute if that money disappears, but it could mean the difference between me enjoying my retirement years a lot, or just scraping by.

Putting up Christmas lights will be just the thing to make me forget the Dow.

Christmas...? Presents don't do it for me anymore. I just buy stuff that is presentlike for the wife any damn time I want to. I'll say, "This is for you. Merry Christmas." Could be in July. Then she'll ask, "Which one?" And I'll tell her, "2035." As long as I can count I'll get her presents for Christmas, anniversaries, birthdays, Mardi Gras... They just never come on the right day. Retirement sure does simplify things for me.

Good Sunday morning all. We have clear skies and 29 this morning. The storm that had been predicted missed us, barely. It stayed south and we got nothing.

We finished decorating a couple of days ago. I l am not as fond of that as I used to be, but Marilyn enjoys it and that is what it is all about. I will say she does an excellent job and the house looks very nice.

Now the shopping. I don't live near my kids or grand
kids so keeping track of their wants and needs can be difficult. Thank goodness for gift cards. They can get what they want instead of that shirt my great aunt used to give me every year that my mom made me wear anytime said aunt came around. LOL, we all went through that.

Anyways, the decorations are up, a little shoping left, and we are doing well for the most part. Life is good in my little corner of the world.

Have a great day and be merry.

Christmas...? Presents don't do it for me anymore. I just buy stuff that is presentlike for the wife any damn time I want to. I'll say, "This is for you. Merry Christmas." Could be in July. Then she'll ask, "Which one?" And I'll tell her, "2035." As long as I can count I'll get her presents for Christmas, anniversaries, birthdays, Mardi Gras... They just never come on the right day. Retirement sure does simplify things for me.

While I do observe clocks and calendars with much less frequency than before retirement, I haven't gone quite that liberal with it all.

Now I buy stuff for my wife all the time, though sometimes it hides in a tool cabinet until a holiday comes around.

Nowadays the kids all get mostly money, and I put on a big feast. I don't spend too much on their presents, as the success rate is often abysmal.

I do not give gift cards. A gift card just says, "I couldn't take the time to go to the ATM and get you cash."

I will say for shopping, we really used to enjoy all the holiday craziness, we used to like a good coffee people watching at the big malls etc.... Ive not been to one in along time not sure i ever will again. Amazon Prime has surely made shopping so so easy. There was a time i stood atop soap box screaming save local shops support local etc..... As we actually owned a shop on Main st non the less. But that battle is lost, Ive retreated back to nature fir the golden years. Click click send it, The next gen can figure out how they wanna do things for themselves. LOL
All the lil kids gleaming eyes at decorations and crafts they made at church today and the songs were surely nice today and do spark the old spirit for them too

Back