• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Low brass shells (steel?)

There you go. Cheap ammo gets cheap results much of the time. Not always, but significantly often.

Buy a $1,000 semi auto shotgun and put shit ammo in it and see.

Repeating actions like pumps and semi's are far more likely to take a shit than revolvers and double barrels when ammo is the critical factor.

There you go. Cheap ammo gets cheap results much of the time. Not always, but significantly often.

Buy a $1,000 semi auto shotgun and put shit ammo in it and see.

Repeating actions like pumps and semi's are far more likely to take a shit than revolvers and double barrels when ammo is the critical factor.
Oh I absolutely agree with you. For defensive use, I strictly use premium ammo in my weapons. But for range days, I typically only have one requirement: it needs to be brass. I just think the steel is less forgiving and doesn’t re-shape well. So when it gets pushed into the barrel for the shotgun, it doesn’t have enough give to extract. I didn’t even know they were steel until I opened the box and I was immediately upset haha. Shot about 10 of them and gave up after 8 FTE’s. Then I ran 00 buckshot made by monarch flawlessly.

Back