• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg releases "RETRO" 590A1s and 500s with wood police stocks

Those are cool looking, but the price on the 590 , yikes is right. With sales tax here that would be a grand. They do look good though.

I wonder if Mossberg will sell the stocks alone when they are finally available.

That M4 looks almost exactly like mine, other than a different optic. I'm using a Primary Arms red dot. The first 2 settings are NV.

Anyway, I do like the corn cob furniture and am generally a fan of blued steel and wood anyway when it's done right. But it would be hard to beat my Winchester 1300. The action on it is smooth as butter. And I only gave $200 for it. I can't wrap my mind paying over $400 for a pump shotgun. Sorry, just can't do it. I've been stuck in 1999 for a long time.

Very nice tools nitesite. Very nice indeed.

Last edited:
Dang, that's a nice looking gun.

I like the stain on it.

And I'm also a big fan of those new limbsavers too.

Yep.

Lights are required on my social guns.

But I'm not old though. I'm just mimicking you and nitesite :laugh:

Lights are required on my social guns.

Some of my social guns have lights. The Scorpion EVO 3 comes to mind.

All of my work guns have lights except for my M1A which never has, and besides I don't tote it much any more.

That M4 looks almost exactly like mine, other than a different optic. I'm using a Primary Arms red dot. The first 2 settings are NV.

Primary Arms makes very good rugged and dependable stuff. Excellent choice Sir.

590A1 Retro copy.jpg

I picked up my new 590A1 Retro yesterday. I was fortunate to find one for $618 at Grabagun.com. I customize Mossberg 590 & 590A1s as a hobby and I've got to say out of the 60 or so new Mossberg 590/590A1 models I've owned or worked on, this new Retro has the smoothest action of any I've felt to date. I don't know if Mossberg is making an extra effort since these were issued to commemorate their 100th anniversary or whether I was just lucky; but the action reminded me more of my '73 Remington 870 Wingmaster, than the typical stiff Mossberg action. I was afraid that the stock would be lacquered or glossy, but it is just oil stained walnut. Fit and finish were exceptional for a new Mossberg, so I am really pleased with the shotgun. I just put on a bronze Cerakoted oversized safety and a anodized mag follower in it, so it's ready to roll.

Back