• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Patriot Rifle - Vortex® Crossfire II Scoped Combos

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Patriot Rifle - Vortex Scope

The new Mossberg Patriot™ Rifle/Vortex® Crossfire II Scoped Combos offer a new hunt ready package loaded with features seasoned hunters demand.

Specifications:

• Caliber - .243 WIN, .270 WIN, .30-06 SPRG, .300 WIN MAG, .308 WIN
  • Capacity - 4 or 5 (Varies by Caliber)
  • Barrel - 22" Fluted
  • Sights - None
  • Scope - Vortex Crossfire II - 3-9x40mm
  • Twist - 1:10
  • Length Of Pull - 13.75
  • Finish - Matte Blue
  • Stock - Synthetic Black or Walnut
  • Weight - 7.5 lb
  • Overall Length - 42.75"
The Mossberg Patriot Rifle Vortex Scoped Combos include:
  • Choice of Walnut or Synthetic Stocks
  • Choice of 5 popular hunting calibers from 243 Winchester to 300 Winchester Magnum
  • Patented Lightning Bolt Action Trigger™ is user adjustable from 2 to 7 pounds
  • Button rifled 22” fluted barrels with recessed crowns ensure accuracy and durability
  • Spiral-fluted bolts with new bolt angle and knurl pattern ensure smooth, comfortable and reliable cycling.
  • Dropbox Magazine for Convenient Loading and Unloading
Vortex Crossfire II 3-9X40 Riflescope

With long eye relief, a fast-focus eyepiece, fully multi-coated lenses and resettable MOA turrets, there's no compromising on the Crossfire II. Clear, tough and bright, this riflescope hands other value-priced riflescopes their hat. The hard anodized single-piece aircraft-grade aluminum tube is nitrogen purged and o-ring sealed for waterproof/fogproof performance.
Dead-Hold BDC Reticle

Customized hashmark design helps eliminate guesswork on holdover and windage corrections. Good for hunting/shooting at varying ranges where estimating holdover is a concern.

So far I am very happy with my Patriot. I bought it to replace my Model 70 which sported a 26" barrel and was kinda ungainly in the handling department, plus the Patriot is equipped with a detachable magazine. Though it feels lighter the Patriot's felt recoil is less than the Winchester. Someone did a great job designing the recoil pad. It feels kinda weird but works great. 3/4 inch group after the first 10 rounds to get it close. A little vertical stringing but it was attributed to the shooter, not the gun. Love the Vortex scope as it is clear and the longer eye relief is very noticeable. All in all this package is one of the best buys on the market. Both the Model 70 and the Patriot that replace it are in 300 Win mag.

I just mounted a 6-24 x 50 to a my patriot. Optics planet said I needed high rings, and the scope will not align. It is still 10" off 0, after adjusting the scope to the max. It seems my bases are not right, can someone help me? It seems like the bases are slightly different heights, but the rings are the same.

I just mounted a 6-24 x 50 to a my patriot. Optics planet said I needed high rings, and the scope will not align. It is still 10" off 0, after adjusting the scope to the max. It seems my bases are not right, can someone help me? It seems like the bases are slightly different heights, but the rings are the same.

What’s the make of the scope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey has anyone put a throw lever on the scope? It's a tight clearance for sure.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Picked up my own Patriot last week. Basic black plastic stock.

Picked up the Vortex Diamondback 4-16x44 today. Considering and extended multi-slot base for mounting though.

Already off to a good start with the bipod mounted and have the new scope rings and leveling kit scheduled for delivery on Sunday.

The whole mission with this was to build a badass custom rifle for under $1k. So far, so good.

Back