• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ported SW Barrel

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
Just saw an advertisement for a 14 inch, 12 gauge, ported Shockwave barrel by Carlson. Say it has 22 ports to minimize muzzle lift. Priced at $189.

Wonder how much extra noise this creates?

Any thoughts?

Regards

Carlson seems to strive to give the customer what they want. I figured it was only a matter of time before they did that.

I have spoken candidly with them a few times and like me, they're not personal fans of porting themselves, though, a lot of their customers like it. So, there you have it.

I suspect they'll probably sell a bunch of them.

The shockwave seems to be growing substantially in popularity.

I do not particulary like porting on a shotgun; per my experience it is not as effective as it is on some rifles and creates a lot more noise for the shooter.

But I am all for whatever gets more people out there shooting. Options are always a good thing.

Guess it will only be time before this become the next fad for all the Shockwave modders.

Wonder how many of them have actually shot a ported rifle barrel and understand the differences in noise levels.

Regards

Guess it will only be time before this become the next fad for all the Shockwave modders.

Wonder how many of them have actually shot a ported rifle barrel and understand the differences in noise levels.

Regards

Yes Sir, there are some upgrades I can live without....

Back