• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. It's a sunny morning here with 67 degrees and about a 15 mph wind. The wind is supposed to reach 30-40 mph later today.

Dj, that's a nice picture. Looks like a beautiful way to get to the forest. You are right, we are blessed. Safe travels to you this morning.

Elbert, looks like you took advantage of a beauty of a day. Yep, today there will be whitecaps on the pond.LOL.

I hope everyone has a great day. Be safe and stay vigilant.

Mornin' Guys.

Big winds last night. today we are cleaning up the aftermath. Not too bad in my yard, but some big trees came down in the neighborhood.

Also cleaning aquariums and deciding what to do with the tax refund check.

We have a bill to pay, so no tax refund guns for me.

Trying to order a battery for the Nomad is frustrating. You can buy a battery as good as the one that fits for under $40.
But it's a little larger & won't fit without some mods to the bike.

The one that fits is $200 and nobody carries it. You can get the other one readily.

I think I might mod the battery box and turn it sideways.

It sounds like things are getting cold again in the midwest. We were 80F yesterday, but today will only be 70F and breezy.

According to Scott Adam,s he sees a real chance of a Buttigieg/Swalwell ticket in 2020.

Try to say that out loud without gagging . . .I dare ya!

Good morning ?? Evening. Settled in for,the night. Truck base camp set up, and expirement shelter also set. Work and hike to primitive area tommorow. Il be bouncing back and forth between thru the weekend. First cup coffee in the books, ole fat grandpa may have to :oldman:out work and out hike all the young fit boys tommorow0410191926.jpg 0410191747_HDR_20190410212908538_20190410213122472.jpg

Good morning all. Cloudy and 52 this morning.The high today should be about 60 with 20 mph wind. We had a high yesterday of 89 with 40-50 mph wind all day. The weekend is forecast to be chilly and rainy. Cold rain at that. We could have wind chill temps in the low 20s Saturday night.

Cadd, I just bought a battery for the Nomad. I'll send you a pm.

Dj, looks like you are set up for the weekend. Enjoy and let those young men do the lifting.

You all have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning gentlemen.

Beautiful morning here.

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do much of anything or go anywhere today because my back has been giving me fits the last few days, but I got a call earlier where someone has somehow wrecked into the fence at our family graveyard and knocked down the gate post and part of the fence.

My uncle said it was all the way on the ground which means it was a heckuva hit because it's an 8 foot 6 inch steel pipe that is about 20 inches in the ground.

Of course, no one reported it to the police and took off.

Best I can hope for is more damage to their car than our gate post and sand fleas to infest their nether regions for being a coward. Had anyone reported it, we would've only asked that they help fix it back and nothing else would've been said about it because accidents happen, but I really don't like a coward. I guess I'm going to have to put my trail camera back down there again like I did when those folks were using it for a dead drop for their drug deals.

About 2 months ago, a young girl and her brother were coming around the curve above the cut off to the graveyard and lost control of her car on the wet road and went into a spin and hit one of the water companies pump stations and took out the front corner of it. This morning or tonight wasn't wet road though.

lMZv9qC.jpg

v9XIPHI.jpg

John, that really sucks. As you stated, accidents do happen, and folks should be responsible to see to it that the damage they caused is repaired or replaced. It's common courtesy.

Yeah, something few people have these days. Like I said, not an ill word would have been said to them as long as they helped fix it back.

I just got back a few minutes ago. My uncle and sister and I fixed it back. If someone hits it again, it won't buff out.

Poured a bag of kwik set concrete in the hole and a gallon of water. It's also 26 inches deep now.

Looked to me like someone had pulled off of the road in the wide spot in front of the pump station to turn and backed up and over the pole. It was all the way on the ground, so they hit it hard. From the looks of the ground, they were not happy about tearing their truck up (wide tires) and peeled out as they were leaving. The dirt and gravels were slung into the graveyard, so it wasn't skid marks sliding into it. It was peeled out as they were leaving all mad and stuff.

I guess they either didn't see the fence and pole as they were backing around, but I bet they knew it was there as their bumper or tail gate or fender was being scratched all to hell. Maybe they'll pay more attention next time they back into a spot with no turning and no parking and no trespassing signs every 20 feet along the fence.

. . . Cadd, I just bought a battery for the Nomad. I'll send you a pm. . . ..

Thanks for the PM Meanie.

Today was lots of chores, then I took the wife out to eat.

I learned not to put aragonite sand in an aquarium with fish that think they are atomic sand dredgers. What a mess! I replaced the sand with ordinary gravel, but had to remove everything but the fish and snails and rinse it all. The plugged filters were cleaned/replaced. Water changed 150%. I also moved another fish from that tank because he was being abused.

The Great California Ammo Registration is due mid-year, and ads to stock up are coming daily.
I'm not stressing. Other than .22s I am set for lots of reloading. Components are not affected.

Cadd, that ammo registration ought to create quite the black market. Oh wait, bad guys wouldn't think of doing something illegal.

Good morning everyone. Sunny and 40 this morning, but the wind has quit blowing so hard.

Dj, I hope you and the boys are having a good time camping this weekend.

I hope the rest of yous has a great day. Stay safe.

Good morning all. Breezy today but sunny and warmish.

Cadd, that ammo registration ought to create quite the black market. Oh wait, bad guys wouldn't think of doing something illegal.
There's no wall yet so . . .
There's also no ban on powder, cases, primers and projectiles.
The reloading hobby will boom.

Reminds me to buy some .308 dies. This fall I should be shooting 1/2 MOA at 200+ yds with luck. Our range has gongs at 200, 300 and 400 yards now, but you can only set targets at 50, 100, 175+, and 200+

A few projects remaining, plus fishing with the kids. Should be a nice summer.

EDIT.......If I join the high power club, I can have targets to 800 yds. Unfortunately they only meet on weekends & I hate traveling on the weekends.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Cloudy and 51 with rain moving our way from the south. Looks like a soaker for about 18-20 hours. It's 51 degrees and that will be close to our high, then falling temps in the afternoon. Windchill in the 20s tonight. Looks like a rough 24 hours in store for the south.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning to you all.

My wife ordered a concrete bench, and today I have to go pick it up in the truck and move it into the yard.
I'm still nursing this bum knee, so probably not much other action today, after that chore.

Good morning all. She's a beauty. Sunny skies, no wind, and 44 degrees.

Not much going on today, just getting ready to go see the kids and grand kids this week.

Have a great day my friends.

Good morning folks.

Well my restful afternoon was ruined by a cracked aquarium. The 10-gallon betta jungle is no more.
h1.jpg
I stupidly moved that tank and its stand, while the tank was full, and I cracked it. (Look to the right of the thermometer, by the lowest numbers.) This is a lesson that I somehow had to learn the hard way. It doesn't matter how strong you are folks do not move a fish tank without draining most of the water. I have done it before but this time I got bit.

I was going to sell the 16 bowfront, and I had stripped it completely apart and cleaned everything beautifully and put it out in the garage. But I spent yesterday afternoon and evening switching everything back around. Now the 16 bowfront is the new betta honeymoon Haven.
16b.jpg

So far they seem to be loving it, but these two aren't breeding. They aren't killing each other either. This is only because Heidi and Bettaboy have been watching each other from adjacent aquariums for over a year. Normally the male would kill the female if the pair didn't click.

But these two have so far done neither. I'm sure this is not unprecedented in the aquarium world, but it's quite uncommon.
Spike and Heidi were at odds right off. This pairing was never going to end well. They would have shredded each other. Spikes hackles are all up!
s1.jpg

Today I put a nice corned beef and veggies in the crockpot. All the animals are fed, and we are preparing for a day of rest.
You all do the same if ya can manage it.

Good evening all.

Cadd, I had no idea the aquarium world was so complicated on so many levels. Makes my head spin.

I'm driving to Omaha tomorrow. I hope to get on the road at a decent (early) hour . Not sure how long I'll be there.

Anyways have a great tonight and a great day tomorrow.

.....Cadd, I had no idea the aquarium world was so complicated on so many levels....

Every type of fish has its own flight manual its own maintenance manual and its own repair manual.

And they all want a different grade of fuel!

Some leave a trail wherever they go and some . . . you'd think they never had a drop in them.

I could go on with this nonsense but you get the idea. ;)

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Cloudy and wet today, and not much planned except simple chores around the house.

The owner of the local Brit car dealer is a pro photographer, and he was in Paris filming the fire at Notre Dame.
Some pretty amazing shots in the paper this AM.

I don't think they've heard anything from terrorists about taking credit.

Be safe and be ware.

Back