• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I must be married cause I am always getting chewed on

hombre243

.30-06
hombre243

I have been gone for a couple years except for a couple tries to re register. Nearing the end of my cancer treatments finally and wanted to check in and see how y'all are doing. I will be posting in the Maverick section and will get some pics later. I hope I can add to the knowledge base but I will usually learn more than I teach. Good to be home.

It'sa done deal. Dogbone is buried. hombre243 is back in living color. (h, or hombre is close enuf if you are tired of typing.)

Last edited:
IT IS REALLY GREAT TO SEE YOU POSTING!!!!! I missed you.

Welcome back. And I hope your battle is won.

Thanks Nitesite. It is good to be back. It has been a long 2 years. Doc had a good report...looks all clear in there. But with this type of bladder cancer, it needs watching. Thus, in 5 weeks I do 3 treatments just in case. Then 6 weeks later, 3 more, and the again in 6 more weeks, 3 more. Then, standard procedure is that if a cyctoscopy 6 weeks later shows clean...It should be 1-2 years before I need another checkup. So far I haven't felt any sick reactions but it has kept me in all winter and now my legs are acting up again. If it aint one thing it is another.

I have at least 3 guns to sight and more to shoot to keep em fed. It's good to be among friends again. I had problems with the outlook address all this time. I thought I did something wrong. As usual.

I remember you using the hombre243 username. It should still be here somewhere.

And to echo what nitesite said, we have missed seeing you and are glad that you are doing better.

Thanks John A. Good to be talkin to ya.

It has been the outlook email address that caused the problem but until I changed to the gmail address I was blocked. I used to have yahoo but it spammed me to death. I love spam sandwiches but not smeared all over my computer. A paid service should have better management. I used yahoo since about 95 and they really let me down. If I could get outlook to work that would be great, but hombre at this email would be my choice. I don't like to get chewed on and dogbone seems like an invitation. (My last name is Baum. I never have flown in an airplane. Why? They toss Bombs out of airplanes and there are a lot of bad spellers out there.)

If you need help logging in to your old account, I would imagine that ripjack13 would be able to reset it for you to get you back in there.
I can't go back to yahoo. If he can get me back as hombre243, and an email address of that would be great. Changing the password is no problem.

Glad to see you back.

Thanks. It's good to be back. I missed the camaraderie. But, I got a lot done over the lost years. I started canning everything canable. (I don't think that's a real word but I don't can Cannibals. It is too far to go get em and they hide too good. I used to can all the time when I was married but I lost everything in the great shakeup at home. I like it so I do it here. I started grinding my own corn for tortillas. I bake my own bread on occasion. I make lousy beer...at least the last few batches seem that way. But, I won't give up. I keep as busy as I can but I forgot...if I make a mess I have to clean it up too. That's where I fail miserably. I need the relax time so I could think of no better place.

Welcome back Hombre. Glad you're winning the battle. Your sense of humor will serve you well. Hell, your sense of humor is good for me as well.

Welcome back Hombre. Glad you're winning the battle. Your sense of humor will serve you well. Hell, your sense of humor is good for me as well.

Thanks meanstreak. I hope I can add to the fun without being a nuisance. It'll take me a while to remember everyone, but I will get the names back as time goes on. I find lately that without the human conversation I seem to be forgetting some words, and names especially. Heck. This year they let me hide my own Easter Eggs and I must have really hid em good.

Glad to see you got things all straightened out here Hombre.

As for Yahoo, I quit them bums forever when they changed their forums to be a total nuisance to use.

This one is much nicer in every way.

It took a bit of messin with the system but we got it. Yahoo was supposed to totally close me out but I still get 50 spams a day plus email from people and businesses that I sent change of email address to. The account is still active, it's free and served its purpose. Now I will delete what I can and then ignore it some more.

:cheers:
Howdy hombre, welcome back to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...

:welcome:

Congratulations on your reprieve from the Grim Reaper, brother.

Eventually we may get to have some friendly .30-30 competition once I figure out how to make the cartridges right.

Back