• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Yotes are pure predators

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
yote 116 property_Signature.jpg not sure elsewhere but ours our getting bigger a way more bold. Do ya like deer, turkey, calves , small dogs, cats etc.....cause these love em !!!
They have a place in the chain, I respect them BUT they must be kept in check or the decimate and move on, like the BoRg
No honey they ain't cute little minni wolves, they killers in theyre own right.
Yup, he was pissed !!

View attachment 20777 not sure elsewhere but ours our getting bigger a way more bold. Do ya like deer, turkey, calves , small dogs, cats etc.....cause these love em !!!
They have a place in the chain, I respect them BUT they must be kept in check or the decimate and move on, like the BoRg
Yup, he was pissed !!

Is this a pic you took?

I killed a gray wolf sneakin up on me from behind. I was sitting in a brush pile callin squirrels and felt a stick tick me on the back. I turned around and there he was...just about 4 feet directly behind me. I drew my Walker and hit him in the chest, then I put a load of 4's into his head. I know he was after the squirrels he thought he heard but was surprised by something a lot bigger. I didn't take any chances.

He was actually double legged, front and back. That's good thing

Holy crap Batman. I need new glasses. Again, and these aren't even a year old yet. It might help if I wear them...

I plan to set some baits in the bottoms as soon as the floods go down. I like the sniper approach. I have been saving chicken skin, pork fat and whatever I can find that will stink when it rots. I have been saving a long time and every time I get it out to thaw, I get sick and can't hunt so I have to freeze the stinky stuff...huh uh...or toss it. I bet I have tossed 50 pounds of it away. No more. I am buying a small freezer. New property owners say it is ok.

Yep, he was pissed and ready to fight and bite his way out of it.

There is a term "coyote ugly". That is when you wake up with some unknown ugly broad laying on your arm after a drunken night out and you chew off your arm so you won't wake her so you can make your escape! :D

That's almost as bad as a 2 bagger. ..a female that is so ugly you put a bag over her head and you wear a bag over your head in case her bag falls off.

View attachment 20777 not sure elsewhere but ours our getting bigger a way more bold. Do ya like deer, turkey, calves , small dogs, cats etc.....cause these love em !!!
Yup, he was pissed !!

Wicked photo!

Our crazy liberal friends think that the evil black rifle the so called "assault rifle" is baaaaaaaad! If you have a pack of these wild dogs roaming your neighborhood who wouldn't want one!

Our crazy liberal friends think that the evil black rifle the so called "assault rifle" is baaaaaaaad! If you have a pack of these wild dogs roaming your neighborhood who wouldn't want one!

Lib's attitude is that the coyotes were here before us so we should share the space and let them live. I met a young woman who worked for the County Conservation Dept., and lived on a public hunting property as pay for watching the area. She also had a day job in town. She was ok with the hunting, she just did not like talking about it or hearing that someone got this or that wild animal while hunting. She told me once that every night she and her 3 dogs walked down to the end of a cornfield planted as a deer feeder, and several times she heard coyotes yipping and howling. I told her to make sure the dogs did not get taken in by the friendly little wild animals.

The coyotes came out a few times and played with her dogs like little kids and the dogs were ok. Then one night a couple dogs didn't come back. She heard the noise and heard her dogs being torn apart by the rest of the pack back in the woods. I didn't hunt that area the rest of the season, as that was a couple years ago when I started getting sick and just did not have the energy to go beat around in the bush. When I did go back all that was left of the house the woman lived in was a big bare spot in the dirt. An open sided pole barn was gone as was all the equipment, tractor, combine and hay baler, and a hay wagon. The electrical service poles were gone and it was just a small parking lot for the hunters and hikers to park.

I think one reason the county stopped maintaining the property was so it could lessen their liability. If her dogs got invited to dinner and never came back, well, it may have scared her bad enough she decided to get a lawyer. If it is wild and not like a farmed area, the insurance would probably be less. I don't really know but it was always well maintained. But there was nothing there to hunt either because it was easy access. Now you have to work for every foot you hunt.

I think another reason the county had to close up the "ranger station" because they couldn't afford the costs of maintaining the place and paying someone to play overseer. Now it is over run with prairie grass and tall stiff stuff I cannot walk through. I think someone cut a road through the grass to get down to the lower 40 where a wide canal ran through. That was a crossing for either the farmer who owned the property across that canal, or it all belongs to the county, thus, the county did not worry about cutting off the access point. Someone must have dumped in some rock because someone always has a crop in that field.

There was an old bridge over the canal that got flooded out. It is gone also. Now the place is just a wild 370 acre hunting area, unless you can get across that canal/creek. Pickups may be able to drive down to setup stands but I know they are not allowed to park. That will be one of my turtle and crawdad haunts this summer. Coyotes also. I know it is flooded now. So I have to head for higher hunting ground. That just means I have to take the long way around. As for Crawdaddin and bullheading...the canal and the bottoms are the best bet.

Sorry. I got to wandering off topic there. I just talked myself into going out there to see what's what.
h

Last edited:
When I was young, I had a pet bunny. My brother and I were playing at our backyard and we saw a coyote snatch my pet bunny. It was the most traumatic experience for me as a child.

Back