• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My previous Sheriff, she designed a badge which SUCKED. Yesterday that was fixed by the new guy

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
I detested our previous badge. It was tiny. It was fragile. It looked and felt CHEAP. IT WAS GIRLIE. It was the size of a fireman badge (not that there is anything wrong with that...)

No longer. The new Sheriff handed these out yesterday. Heavy as sin and manly large. It weighs as much as a Big Mac.

I happy.

Pic below in #9

Last edited:
I detested our previous badge. It was tiny. It was fragile. It looked and felt CHEAP. IT WAS GIRLIE. It was the size of a fireman badge (not that there is anything wrong with that...)

No longer. The new Sheriff handed these out yesterday. Heavy as sin and manly large. It weighs as much as a Big Mac.

I happy.

badges_edited-2-jpg.563424
Pic not loading

I tried to follow the link directly and it asks for a login to the other forum. You may need to link it a different way.

The new guy takes the job seriously. I'm sure that will carry over to making sure you have all of the tools you need to do your job as well.

I happy.

badges_edited-2-jpg.563424

When I hired in at our city transit as a bus driver we had nice sized neutral badges. After 4 years someone got the idea that we needed a different design..."one that the women like better" and that was that. Extremely feminine. We called them Meter Maid badges. I refused to wear mine. The union backed me. Mexican standoff. By then I found better employment. I gave my newest badge to our newest city liaison and kept the old style. I win.:nutkick:

In non-badge related girlyness, the new Secretary of Agriculture, the only Dem in the FL Governor's Cabinet (others are CFO and AG, both Rep and all elected positions) has decided to put new certification stickers on gas pumps (one of her duties is such certification). Instead of the seal of the department as has been the norm, she will be putting her PICTURE on the stickers with contact info. :rolleyes: The Governor has already said he will sign a proclamation forbidding such silliness... :D I haven't seen the new sticker on a pump yet but rest assured, I keep more than one Sharpie in my car! :D

Sec. of Ag. is also responsible for carry permits but she hasn't done anything foreboding to that program (yet). Florida has approximately 21 million people and I would guess about 16 million are 21 and over, 2 million of which have carry permits. That is about 1 in 8 people potentially carrying concealed here in FL.

Back