• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anti Gunners Take Over Memorial, Students Walk Out

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
2000 students attended a vigil for a fellow student who was murdered as he tried to stop a spree shooting. 18 year old Kendrick Castillo was killed while charging one of the shooters. He has been credited along with two other students with helping to stop a shooter. As they always do, the anti gunners ran in and tried to politicize his death. After a democrat politician made an anti gun speech the students started walking out. Students complained their grief was being politicized, which it was. Many left the auditorium and held an impromptu vigil outside in the rain. The students came back in, took over the microphone and ripped those using them and this tragedy. The video is 2 minutes. It's worth it. You will be impressed.

This stunt was put on by the Brady anti gun group. Here is their lame apology:
D6Gcut8XoAEBCne.png:large

This has been a coordinated effort from the pocketbook of Bloomberg.

Moms Demand Action and March for our lives, and a slew of other antigun organizations are funded by the same people. Most of the holders of the tax exempt corporations are active CEO's in other antigun organizations as well and PROFIT from donations, in which they ask for after every shooting.

The main woman from moms demand action that was speaking has since removed her twitter account today after being called out for politicizing their deaths.

The school district has also put their foot in their mouth but you have to read the whole thing to find out how.

I would like for you guys to read this:
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379063

I guess you'd have to join to view the topic. It would be worth the 30 seconds it would take to join.

All of this happening almost in my own back yard. Colorado politics at its' worst. At least the students had the gall to get up and walk out. Everyone keep in mind that Senator Michael Bennett wants to be in the Oval Office come 2020. His qualifications are being the Denver School Superintendent before another Oval Office hopeful, Gov. John Hickenlooper, put him in the senate to complete Ken Salazar's term when he became a member of the Obama cabinet. Also, to mention Douglas County Sheriff Tony "Red Flag" Spurlock all over local and national media, the new darling of the progressive left gun grabbers. They do us not proud at all.

Big public meeting tomorrow with the county commissioners concerning school security and the funding thereof that should prove interesting. Our three commissioners are very pro-2A. Sooner or later they are going to have to clash with our very progressive seven member county school board that have sworn to not arm school teachers. Three of these school board members are up for election/reelection in November. This Saturday 5-18 from 11-2 there will be a pro-2A rally at the state capitol in downtown Denver. Matters to be dealt with at the rally will be Red Flag, school shootings and security, arming teachers and staff. Local talk radio says thousands will attend. People are PISSED and the wheels are beginning to turn. About f*****g time!

People should be pissed. Too much wrong, for far too long.

One thing that makes me mad is that the law makers have held onto the flawed techniques and thinking for as long as they have. All it has done is made our children more at risk of harm.

It's time to roll back gun laws to pre-1990's.

By restricting and preventing people to protect and defend themselves, is empowering those who would do harm to be able to carry out their horrible acts.

That is the truth as I see it.

People should be pissed. Too much wrong, for far too long.

One thing that makes me mad is that the law makers have held onto the flawed techniques and thinking for as long as they have. All it has done is made our children more at risk of harm.

It's time to roll back gun laws to pre-1990's.

By restricting and preventing people to protect and defend themselves, is empowering those who would do harm to be able to carry out their horrible acts.

That is the truth as I see it.

What I can tell from human history is that it goes in cycles, and the Cycles go wild, and then they tame down, and go wild again.

This is The Human Condition and some of us have it worse than others.

You should see how bad my wife had it last night when she found out she couldn't open her filing cabinet and there was also an aquarium occupying the middle of the foyer.

All of this Crackdown and restriction on guns is going to recycle into a new popularity of the Shooting Sports and gun ownership and security for private individuals. It's actually happening already in California and is promoted by the very laws that seek to restrict it.

And of course it has to be that way because politicians can't do anything right including gun control. Their efforts to control poverty resulted in a new poverty class to support. Their efforts to build a train resulted in huge debt and no train, or maybe a short line. The government War on Drugs? = More drug deaths than ever before!

Their efforts toward gun control will result in more guns for everybody criminals and non criminals alike.

I think politicizing a death is wrong, regardless of what view you have about anything. And I see that on both sides of the subject.

It's disrespectful. It's uncaring for those left behind to mourn.

Update from yesterday......MSN is reporting that HUNDREDS!!!!!! of angry parents attended the commissioners meeting in Castle Rock yesterday. The truth be known there were maybe only one hundred there. I did not attend but I have it on good authority regarding the count. Besides, the commissioners meeting room is not that big. If you pack the room, you may get a hundred in there.

In attendance were the Douglas County Sheriff and Undersheriff, the school superintendent and at least one school board member. Also in attendance and I hope I get his name right, Jimmy Graham from "Able Shepard". Please everyone, google "Able Shepard" and see what pops up. I was listening to an interview of the Able Shepard rep and he said to the meeting something like this.....You can put a million dollar security door on the school but what are you going to do when the bad guys are already in the school?

The three county commissioners yesterday gave the school district a one time lump sum of $10,000,000 to beef up school security. Now I know where the increase in my local property taxes will be going. The cogs are beginning to turn and I just hope that we do not get ground up in them as I am certain the lawyers for the overly sensitive types are lining up as I write this. There is a school board meeting tonight and I hope that the room is full of pissed off parents in the faces of these seven anti-2A progressives.

If anyone wants to monitor what goes on locally in metro Denver on your phone or computer go to www.710knus.com. Click on podcasts for Peter Boyles or Steffen Tubbs. These are two local very pro-2A radio talk show hosts that have their hands on the pulse of what is going on around here. More later.

Slightly OT but I attended a school board meeting the other night. They have a 15-minute "public comment" period where 5 people can comment in front of the board on "education-related" subjects for up to 3 minutes each. The prior meeting all the spots were filled and I would have had to wait another hour to comment and I said "F that!" and left. This meeting I was fortunate to be lucky number 5! :)

As you may or may not know, FL Governor DeSantis just signed an amendment to the onerous, kneejerk MSD bill (ie: Parkland shooting last year). The "Coach Aaron Feis School Guardian" bill provides for teachers to be trained and armed in addition to resource officers and security guards IF the school board approves, hence my commenting to them in the affirmative.

I was pleased that I didn't have to follow a bunch of whiney-babies complaining about they wouldn't teach if other teachers were armed OR parents that would take their kids out of school if teachers were armed. I heard an obviously biased local public radio show on the subject and the only callers they fielded had those concerns. :rolleyes: The issue was not yet on the agenda and I presented my points and fortunately had printed out a summary which all the board members were presented once I was done. Prior to speaking, I was alarmed that just reading the summary took 4 minutes! :eek: Points were: teachers can be trusted and will NOT shoot students or be disarmed, an estimated 1 out of 8 people over 21 have a Concealed Weapon License in FL, our county Sheriff approves of teacher/guardians as his department can't afford to put a Deputy in every school and having an armed teacher saves money because you won't have a guardian just sitting there doing nothing all day. Teachers do get a small raise in pay to be a guardian--I think around $8000/year but have to attend training of 134 hours or something like that.

Many other county's school boards have not allowed teachers to be armed--it is up to the school board. Some counties that do NOT allow armed teachers are Orange (Orlando), Broward (Ft. Lauderdale) and Hillsborough (Tampa), all of which are solidly blue-voting areas...

It is my guess that there will be icebergs in hell before a Colorado governor would do such a thing. After all, he wasted little time signing the Red Flag bill when it got to his desk. To many of us expressing disgust, our own county sheriff, Tony Spurlock was present for the glad handing when the bill was signed. Now this STEM school shooting puts our sheriff in the national spotlight. He will be facing recall and I predict that he will survive it due to his popularity. He has seen fit to piss off our three county commissioners and the Douglas County GOP central committee over the Red Flag bill. So, he has that fight ahead of him. Lucky for us voters that he is term limited and he cannot run again. We will have instead his Undersheriff as the probable heir apparent. As far as I know in her own way she has given more or less back handed support to the Red Flag bill. She can take that up with the GOP central committee if and when the time comes because without their blessing, under our caucus system no one runs for county offices without central committee approval. That will not happen until 2022 and we know how short memories can be when it comes to politics.

Believe this, in the past our sheriff has expressed support for armed teachers and staff. Our three county commissioners are very pro-2A and have also voiced their support of armed teachers and staff. The problem lies with our progressive school board and school superintendent. They are the ones that could change things overnight but it probably will not happen. It is also my guess that the teachers union at the state and national levels will fight it all the way also. There are many armed teachers and staff in various school districts in Colorado and they have done so with the blessing of their county sheriffs and school boards, Weld County comes to mind. There are some armed teachers in Douglas County but they do so by risking a felony if caught. We can thank our former governor the RINO Bill Owens for making it a felony, even with a CCW, to carry in any elementary or secondary school without the school board's permission. I guess that with some people in charge it is more morally acceptable to have a room full of dead students and staff than it is to have a teacher with smoking gun in hand standing over the bullet riddled body of some would be school shooter psychopath.

We are hosed for the time being.

Slightly OT but I attended a school board meeting the other night. They have a 15-minute "public comment" period where 5 people can comment in front of the board on "education-related" subjects for up to 3 minutes each. The prior meeting all the spots were filled and I would have had to wait another hour to comment and I said "F that!" and left. This meeting I was fortunate to be lucky number 5! :)

As you may or may not know, FL Governor DeSantis just signed an amendment to the onerous, kneejerk MSD bill (ie: Parkland shooting last year). The "Coach Aaron Feis School Guardian" bill provides for teachers to be trained and armed in addition to resource officers and security guards IF the school board approves, hence my commenting to them in the affirmative.

I was pleased that I didn't have to follow a bunch of whiney-babies complaining about they wouldn't teach if other teachers were armed OR parents that would take their kids out of school if teachers were armed. I heard an obviously biased local public radio show on the subject and the only callers they fielded had those concerns. :rolleyes: The issue was not yet on the agenda and I presented my points and fortunately had printed out a summary which all the board members were presented once I was done. Prior to speaking, I was alarmed that just reading the summary took 4 minutes! :eek: Points were: teachers can be trusted and will NOT shoot students or be disarmed, an estimated 1 out of 8 people over 21 have a Concealed Weapon License in FL, our county Sheriff approves of teacher/guardians as his department can't afford to put a Deputy in every school and having an armed teacher saves money because you won't have a guardian just sitting there doing nothing all day. Teachers do get a small raise in pay to be a guardian--I think around $8000/year but have to attend training of 134 hours or something like that.

Many other county's school boards have not allowed teachers to be armed--it is up to the school board. Some counties that do NOT allow armed teachers are Orange (Orlando), Broward (Ft. Lauderdale) and Hillsborough (Tampa), all of which are solidly blue-voting areas...
It is my understanding that employees at FL schools were already permitted to train and carry concealed at school. They make the same off to the teachers and everybody acts like it the end of the world. Last I looked I din't know of any school shootings where teachers are armed.

Update on Colorado......Last night the Commerce City city council voted to make their city a "2A Sanctuary" in open opposition to Colorado's new Red Flag law that is set to take affect 1-1-2020. Commerce City is located in Adams County just north of and bordering The Peoples Republik of Denver. Adams County is a heavy agriculture county with a democrat majority for a voting base. The Adams County Sheriff, a democrat, has come out in opposition to the Red Flag law. The word is that he will not enforce the Red Flag law. So far and as best as I can gather that out of Colorado's 64 counties 35-37 sheriffs has said they will not enforce the Red Flag law. It is being reported that as many as 50 sheriffs have come out in opposition to the new law. I am sad to report my own sheriff, Douglas County Sheriff Tony Spurlock is not one of them. Out of the state's 64 counties we have two unelected city and county sheriffs that are appointed by their respective handlers and it is my guess that they serve at the behest and pleasure of their handlers. Those are the City and County of Denver and the City and County of Broomfield.

Lawsuits and recalls in opposition to Red Flag are forming and lining up, so says local media.

Give 'em hell sir. Call, write, support good candidates, lawsuits for violating your rights. Use every legal method available to you.

Back