• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fly Fishing Related

hombre243

.30-06
Just wondering who fly fishes. I am going to try to learn to cast one of those longlined monsters. Any hints, tips and other assorted bits of information?
Thanks
h

I had a fly rod years ago, I set up and went out with it and caught several nice Bass on a farm pond, it wasn`t pretty but I did catch some fish and then retired it.

Contact a local flyshop, they usually host workshops. Good luck and enjoy!

I had a fly rod years ago, I set up and went out with it and caught several nice Bass on a farm pond, it wasn`t pretty but I did catch some fish and then retired it.

Contact a local flyshop, they usually host workshops. Good luck and enjoy!

The closest one would be miles away..but I will look. I have never heard of one around here. As a matter of fact I have never seen a fly fisherman on any of the fishin holes around here. Except once when Al Gore's entourage came through all decked out on LL Bean gear lookin for a trout hotspot someone told them about back in DC. They were the perfect examples of the Montana fly fishermen. "What we have here is the Mississippi and the only trout we have is the often mammoth sized rubber nosed trout." They were ready for it. They were back later red faced, and angry. Then they were advised that they should do some recon when they are supposed to be front team for presidential candidates. The guys asked how the clerk knew they were secret service. My friend just smiled and looked them up and down. That obvious huh?

I thought it was funny.

Check this site out and see if there is anything you find interesting....https://howtoflyfish.orvis.com/

Thanks. I already found it. Or another Orvis series. I get it on Amazon. It is good and I learned a lot. I can't find any fly shops around here so it looks like I tie my own. I will buy enough to use this season and make look alokes this winter. More fun stuff to keep me in safe and warm all winter.

***Update: I looked at the link you sent. It is different from my link so now I have another resource. Thanks Elbert.

There are several YouTube authors with good fly fishing information.

One of my favorites is Oliver Edwards. He is British so some of the info is not directly applicable. I still like ro watch them. His fly tying is quite good as well.

I live in Florida, so there isn't any trout fishing other than Speckled Trout - a saltwater fish. Bluegill and Bass are the usual targets in freshwater here.

Jim Misiura has some good fly tying videos. Tightlinevideo is another good fly tying channel.

Good luck. Have fun. Be safe.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

There are several YouTube authors with good fly fishing information.

One of my favorites is Oliver Edwards. He is British so some of the info is not directly applicable. I still like ro watch them. His fly tying is quite good as well.

I live in Florida, so there isn't any trout fishing other than Speckled Trout - a saltwater fish. Bluegill and Bass are the usual targets in freshwater here.

Jim Misiura has some good fly tying videos. Tightlinevideo is another good fly tying channel.

Good luck. Have fun. Be safe.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.
Thanks pc. I will search em out. I'm going to need all the help I can get. If I get good enough, maybe there will be a market for some of my creations.
h

Back