• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Crawdads??? Somebody say crawdads ??
This is a link to my dear buddy Ronnie(he's filming) and friend catching a few. Ronnie is that ultimate HUNTER/GATHERER, hes forgotten more than most will ever know. If ya hungry he can teach ya how to eat like a king from the land 12 months a year.
View attachment 20860
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2642085899154696&id=100000599355553

MMMMMMMMMMMMM...Can you see that ugly fat bird standing with head craned forward with mouth wide open, and squeaking feed me, feed me? You are psychic...that was me. Nice pic. For me it is inspiring...a nice kick in the pants to get me going. Thanks.

Years ago we had an old Cherokee woman up near Kenwood Oklahoma on the Saline Creek take us wading at night for crawdads and then boiled `em up for us the next morning... :) good times!
Lord willing, July 2 thru 8th give or take IL be in your neck of woods in and around QuaPua Reservation been invited for,the pow wow, oldest longest running in the country so I plan to be there. I Plan to camp there couple days then ?? My Army bro lives in Miami

MMMMMMMMMMMMM...Can you see that ugly fat bird standing with head craned forward with mouth wide open, and squeaking feed me, feed me? You are psychic...that was me. Nice pic. For me it is inspiring...a nice kick in the pants to get me going. Thanks.

Ronnie said they weighed 27 pounds in 2 days hard fish in. Git to work

Lord willing, July 2 thru 8th give or take IL be in your neck of woods in and around QuaPua Reservation been invited for,the pow wow, oldest longest running in the country so I plan to be there. I Plan to camp there couple days then ?? My Army bro lives in Miami

Miami is about 100 miles NE of me, I have family in Wyandotte so I`m up there on occasion. Grand Lake is just South of Miami, it`s one of Oklahoma`s more popular weekend destinations.

Good morning all. Cloudy again , but hopefully that will change this morning. Supposed to be mid 70s this afternoon. I hope everyone is doing well this weekend.

Stay safe.

A very late good evening Mossberg owners.

I have a new aquarium coming soon and I have to build a stand for it and I have to get the area cleared where it's going to go. There's a 55 gallon aquarium I have to move from there to my office and I will do that tomorrow morning.

Today in preparation for that I moved three 30 gallon aquariums and a 20 + a 16 + a 5 and the stands and lights and lids and rocks amd all their water in buckets and bins.

1557715580261.jpg
This 20 gallon tank was the last of the lot to move and I am celebrating with in Angry Orchard.

1557708280901.jpg

A very late good evening Mossberg owners.

I have a new aquarium coming soon and I have to build a stand for it and I have to get the area cleared where it's going to go. There's a 55 gallon aquarium I have to move from there to my office and I will do that tomorrow morning.

Today in preparation for that I moved three 30 gallon aquariums and a 20 + a 16 + a 5 and the stands and lights and lids and rocks amd all their water in buckets and bins.

View attachment 20878
This 20 gallon tank was the last of the lot to move and I am celebrating with in Angry Orchard.

View attachment 20879

Years ago I maintained 4 aquariums. My wife wanted them. She didn't like cleaning them but she wanted them. The guppies, Mollies and Platies got knocked up and squirted out their offspring when it was time. We had the big lyre tailed? Mollies...veil tailed guppies and the Platies were just normal Platies. Then she stuck in some swords, a Plecostomus (?) snails, and some angelfish. She didn't know. The guppies got Ich, the mollies chewed the tails off everything and we had a mess. I bought an Oscar and ended the problem in about 4 days. The Oscar grew, my wife thought I was a genius. She also tossed in a catfish of some kind, a striped ornery sob...a zebra fish?...The tanks were pretty but I got tired of them. We emptied em and fed the fish that were left to the raccoons. I think her sister took the tanks and equipment. And that was that.

Good morning everyone. Clear and 60 this morning, very nice indeed. No rain forecast until the weekend and highs climbing each day till we are close to 90 by Friday. The lakes and rives will have time to recede and some drying to occur.

I've never been an aquarium owner myself, but can appreciate the time and effort that goes into it.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning all, beautiful Eve rainbow yesterday. Hope everyone has a great day, keep calm and carry !!! Couple folks chopped up with machete by recently released psycho on the Appalachian trail yesterday. Many hikers I meet are skinny jean hippy liberals with a disdain for firearms or even self defence of,any sort..... They called authorities from wilderness to,complain about being harrassed prior to,becoming victims. I'm sorry and sympathic to the family, BUT there is evil walking wether ya acknowledge it or not....so if ya swim with sharks and no cage, tough sh×t.

That's a lovely photo DJ. Mostly I've been seeing the inside of my house lately but my legs getting much better now and I am highly inclined to go hike out to my favorite fishing hole.

Good morning Mossberg owners!

My wife is telling me that the aquarium thing is getting out of hand, and she's been telling me that for some time. Just last month I was operating 10 aquariums.

I retired two of the small ones and I am currently down to 8. I told her that I was going to empty two more today.

She was pretty agitated about the current arrangement, because after moving tanks all day to rearrange the house I have tanks temporarily in odd spots right now.

This was always my plan: to buy larger and fewer tanks and retire my many smaller and older tanks. But there was a lot of Home Remodeling that got in the way of my plans last year and so my wife's angst has been building with an extra year of time.

Anyhow it is happening and I will be down to six tanks by this evening.

Just like the fishing boat, the shooting irons, the cars, & the motorcycles, the aquarium fish are something that I wanted since childhood but could never have.

We moved around a lot until I became an adult and my dad retired. There was no way that I could have even one aquarium when we were moving around the country and living in government housing.

When it finally happened I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do and I ended up casting a whole lot of Nets in the the water as it were.

In the end what I want to keep is my 75g oscar fish tank, 125 saltwater tank for the monos & mollies. A 30g cichlid breeding tank and a 55g cichlid display tank, plus one tank of smaller fish with some custom betta habitats attached to the system.

After ten tanks have turned into 5 tanks, I will have far less to mess with. This is going to take some more time and much effort. And it's an excuse for me to do some more woodworking.

Eventually I will be able to get back to my junk yard and start fixing up my hot rod.

I don't think I'm having a second childhood. I think now that I'm retired I'm living out one I never had.

Anyhow, I hope to have this all well in hand today, so that I can take the wife out fishing tomorrow.

You all keep your hands busy and have a nice day!

Good morning everyone. Clear and 60 this morning, very nice indeed. No rain forecast until the weekend and highs climbing each day till we are close to 90 by Friday. The lakes and rives will have time to recede and some drying to occur.

I've never been an aquarium owner myself, but can appreciate the time and effort that goes into it.

Have a great day and be safe.

I don't know how much flooding you guys are having right now but aquariums are probably not very popular!

I haven't been keeping up with the news but the effects of this latest flooding are going to go on for a while.

At least until they can figure out a way to blame it on the president

That's a lovely photo DJ. Mostly I've been seeing the inside of my house lately but my legs getting much better now and I am highly inclined to go hike out to my favorite fishing hole.

Good morning Mossberg owners!

My wife is telling me that the aquarium thing is getting out of hand, and she's been telling me that for some time. Just last month I was operating 10 aquariums.

I retired two of the small ones and I am currently down to 8. I told her that I was going to empty two more today.

She was pretty agitated about the current arrangement, because after moving tanks all day to rearrange the house I have tanks temporarily in odd spots right now.

This was always my plan: to buy larger and fewer tanks and retire my many smaller and older tanks. But there was a lot of Home Remodeling that got in the way of my plans last year and so my wife's angst has been building with an extra year of time.

Anyhow it is happening and I will be down to six tanks by this evening.

Just like the fishing boat, the shooting irons, the cars, & the motorcycles, the aquarium fish are something that I wanted since childhood but could never have.

We moved around a lot until I became an adult and my dad retired. There was no way that I could have even one aquarium when we were moving around the country and living in government housing.

When it finally happened I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do and I ended up casting a whole lot of Nets in the the water as it were.

In the end what I want to keep is my 75g oscar fish tank, 125 saltwater tank for the monos & mollies. A 30g cichlid breeding tank and a 55g cichlid display tank, plus one tank of smaller fish with some custom betta habitats attached to the system.

After ten tanks have turned into 5 tanks, I will have far less to mess with. This is going to take some more time and much effort. And it's an excuse for me to do some more woodworking.

Eventually I will be able to get back to my junk yard and start fixing up my hot rod.

I don't think I'm having a second childhood. I think now that I'm retired I'm living out one I never had.

Anyhow, I hope to have this all well in hand today, so that I can take the wife out fishing tomorrow.

You all keep your hands busy and have a nice day!

Cadd, I lost everything in 2001 when I lost the best job of my life, my pension and everything I owned...literally. Then I was homeless for 6 years. I pulled myself up by the bootstraps and started over. Actually for the 3rd time. I seem to make bad choices. I know what you mean when you say you are doing all the best stuff you wanted to do since you were younger. Me too. And after all the hurt I was feeling turned into determination to be back to where I feltlike I was on top again, I found work, at the lowest net wages I ever earned, without even realizing it, I was a couple stories higher and happier and had more material goodies than I ever had.

Like you, my leg problems are keeping me in, but that may be a good thing because when I feel brave enough and take my outdoor life back, I won't be rushing anything...I'll be ready.

I am glad you are healing. When you are ready to tackle new projects you will just do it without thinking. Keep up the good work. And if your guppies get big enough, smoke em and eat em like smoked smelts.
:gimme5:

I don't know how much flooding you guys are having right now but aquariums are probably not very popular!

I haven't been keeping up with the news but the effects of this latest flooding are going to go on for a while.

At least until they can figure out a way to blame it on the president

Downtown Davenport Iowa is still flooded. The water has receded some but I live 22 miles north. Here is a link to some photos

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrEzesUs9lcjGgAZgdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTExb2dlZTF1BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDREZENl8xBHNlYwNzYw--?p=davenport iowa flood 2019&fr=opensearch

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=davenport+iowa+flood+2019+pictures&fr=opensearch

Floods suck. Climate change , no climate change, green new deal or no deal, there will still be floods, tornados, earthquakes, blizzards, and droughts. Always has been, always will be, and yet we still insist on farming and living in flood zones and altering the normal course and flow of rivers.

I won't get into the army corps of engineers at this time. That is a subject unto itself.

I live at the very Eastern margin of the San Joaquin Valley which is the Western margin of the Sierra Nevada mountains. I think about two things if there should be a flood.

I might wind up with a beachfront house, and the country might lose weight from expensive imported food.

From Wikipeia . . . .

The San Joaquin Valley has been considered . . . "the most productive unnatural environment on Earth" as approximately 25% of the United States’ agricultural products originate from the valley. . . . . San Joaquin Valley is known as one of the richest farm lands in the world. In prehistoric times it was an inland lake where clams lived, their shells left behind made the land rich in phosphoric acid, good for growing crops.

I have read a few stories about what would happen if the San Joaquin Valley becomes an ocean again but my house is 300' above mean sealevel.

If the ice melts and the sea is rising an the San Andreas fault gets wet & slips hard, it could change things a lot. The San Joaquin could get lots more rain, and become even more productive, because we're only farming a fraction of it. There's not enough water.

Of course if it's all under water it's a moot point. We will have the world's largest fish farm.

Good morning everyone. I was awakened by thunder about 90 minutes ago. A rain shower passed through and is now to the northwest of us and we have 64 degrees and high clouds that should be gone in an hour or so.

The Keystone lake about 25 miles northwest of where I live is releasing 105,000 cubic feet of water per second into the Arkansas River. It is the largest water release in 26 years. I heard on the news that thousands of folks were there yesterday watching, I was not one of them. There will be some low land flooding south of here, but hopefully it won't be too serious and won't last long.

Dj, that is a nice picture of the rainbow and the garden below it. Now where is the pot of gold ?

We're gonna have to start taking attendance. We have a few absences lately on the morning thread.

You all have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning everyone, hope week is going well. We have 90s inbound tommorow says weatherman. I'm going to empty a couple mags this morn, then just sit rest of day, may grill up a burger for lunch, ive had a taste for good burger about a week now.
Stay calm and carry :coffee:

Good morning. I am just getting around. It has been years that I have actually slept through the night but lately I have been allowed the "luxury." I put it in quotes because sleeping 8 hours with no interruptions and pee time I am so stiff in the am I can't move without a lot of pain. if I get up 4-5 times a night I am fine. This morning I am stiff but not tired...

I hope everyone has a great day. I have some running to do so I will shut up and just do it.
h

Back