• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 535 owner w/issues

old greybeard

Copper BB
Just traded for a 535 ATS combo. Hope I don't regret giving up my 870 Express for it.
The 535 did not come with a mag plug, could anyone tell me the length dowel rod I'll need to put in. I'm sure I can figure it out on my own if needed.

And the last round in the mag is not being kicked out 1/2 the time, especially if I don't really rack very hard. I'd like a better mag spring, I prefer Wolff springs, but they don't list one for the 535. Will the 500 5+1 spring work. And how do I get the spring out?

Any recommendations for a good low magnification scope for turkeys would be appreciated. Thinking about the Leupold 1x4, wish it had a camo finish.

Thanks

old greybeard said:
Just traded for a 535 ATS combo. Hope I don't regret giving up my 870 Express for it.
The 535 did not come with a mag plug, could anyone tell me the length dowel rod I'll need to put in. I'm sure I can figure it out on my own if needed.

And the last round in the mag is not being kicked out 1/2 the time, especially if I don't really rack very hard. I'd like a better mag spring, I prefer Wolff springs, but they don't list one for the 535. Will the 500 5+1 spring work. And how do I get the spring out?

Any recommendations for a good low magnification scope for turkeys would be appreciated. Thinking about the Leupold 1x4, wish it had a camo finish.

Thanks

welcome to the forum from NY.

as far as the dowel length,,, i would think 6" should keep it at 3 shot.

i would give wolf a call about the spring 800-545-0077

to get the spring out remove the mag tube cap. in side should be a spring cap,you can remove this with a screw driver and the spring will pop out.(be careful it dosen't hit you in the face.
you also should watch out when taking off the mag cap,your working on a used gun.might be a chance someone took the spring cap off already.

get a chance post a pic or two. :)

@Scrumbag Not sure if you realize that post is over 6 years old and that member hasen't been back in 6 years.

Back