• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Not a good start for my patriot or my first mossberg customer service experience

There ya go, yes youd be suprised what you can do with original actually clean all the receiver contact areas, especially up front that rectangle channel the receiver lug slides down inside , you want to then rough it like dremel grooves in areas of contact you create mechanical bonding points and,surface for Devon flexane 80 putty, then bed as typical done. You can also maybe do some block filling in forarm of,stock maybe even add a length of graphite fishing rod to,stiffen up a bit. Its work but fun work and maybe just maybe it gives ya some help accuracy dept, it wont hurt where your sitting. Anyhow , those are ramblings of a nutty old guy up on hill in the woods..View attachment 20954

UPDATE:
I finally tried putting some polish on this turd.
I used a dremel to roughen it up and grind out some plastic. Then I bedded the receiver. I used a good bit of bedding to try to give it as much support and stiffness as possible.
It has considerably tightened the groups. I’ve been able to shoot groups of 1.5” with 2 different loads.
Thanks for shaming me into doing it!

UPDATE:
I finally tried putting some polish on this turd.
I used a dremel to roughen it up and grind out some plastic. Then I bedded the receiver. I used a good bit of bedding to try to give it as much support and stiffness as possible.
It has considerably tightened the groups. I’ve been able to shoot groups of 1.5” with 2 different loads.
Thanks for shaming me into doing it!
Well that'll make plenty of venison steaks
Glad ya having fun

Back