• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What Happens When Ammo Burns

I haven't seen that video, but I have seen similar other ones.

Just to go on record, many household cleaning supplies are far worse in a fire.

Wow! I was amazed to see them trash so much ammunition in these tests but I'm glad that they did it.

I was more concerned about my kegs of powder, but evidently they just break open and burn. The plastic doesn't sustain any heat or pressure.

Interesting video. I dont know if this have been posted before.

When I was about 12 or so Dad gave me a Sheridan Pump up Air rifle...5mm/20 cal. It was a squirrel gittin sog. One weekend Mom and the step dad took me and a school buddy to the camp on the river and it wasn't hunting season so we couldn't hunt squirrels. I asked the step dad if I could use his shotgun...an old Remington that looked like a Browning semi auto...I call it a squareback. I loved to shoot it but I wanted the shells...That was our target : 12 ga shells with #6 shot wedged into the forks of small trees. What a blast. Until one blew a primer back and popped me right in the brow line between the eyes. Laughed so hard I had to sit down. Mom was very mad at me but more mad at the step dad. But later in the season when I asked if I could hunt with it, she said "why not, I know you won't shoot yourself with THAT gun."

Last edited:
Wow! I was amazed to see them trash so much ammunition in these tests but I'm glad that they did it.

I was more concerned about my kegs of powder, but evidently they just break open and burn. The plastic doesn't sustain any heat or pressure.
Cadd, same with primers. They are packaged so they can't do much damage and cannot all explode at one time.

Back