• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

$1000 to spend... what should I do????

I'm sure if they have a warranty, they'll stand behind it. I've never known anyone that has mentioned having to send one back.

As for "lifetime guarantee", the short answer, it is always THEIR lifetime, not yours.

I just stepped away from the reloading bench. The brass got sized and de-primed then flared and primed (about a hundo cases) and after some time with the bride I am going to charge with powder!!!! This ammo will cost me eleven bucks for a hundred instead of sixty dollars...... <grin>

Last edited:
I'm sure if they have a warranty, they'll stand behind it. I've never known anyone that has mentioned having to send one back.

As for "lifetime guarantee", the short answer, it is always THEIR lifetime, not yours.

THE HENRY GUARANTEE
From Owner, Anthony Imperato

“Henry owners have my personal guarantee to make certain that they are 100% satisfied with their purchase of our rifles. If you are going to spend your money on a Henry, I can assure you that we will do whatever it takes to make sure that you are happy that you bought a Henry.” - Anthony Imperato

I would imagine that he means it. I try to take a man at his word.

Olympic Arms used to have a satisfaction guarantee too.

Okay, still caressing it and loving on it. Now I have made some of my own ammo for it.

I have factory ammo, but I want my first shots going down the tube to be MINE.

So today I made some .44 Specials with 240-gr Keith #429421 cast bullets, 5.0-gr 700-X, and Federal primers. I ought to get around 1000-fps as a fun load. The bullets are coated with Hi-Tec so no bullet lube was necessary. I expect ZERO leading issues. I am JAZZED!!!!!!

Keith-240-44-Special.jpg

I wish I could post up video when I shoot it tomorrow.

Specials and Magnums.

But I don't have a GoPro.

Most regular digital cameras will also record video.

And cell phones too, though I don't have one of those newfangled gadgets.

I would spend a thousand bucks on... long storage / survival food, for my family, three months supply. Storage for water ( big cans ~20 L a piece ), for a three months supply. Then, i would spend the remaining cash on ammo for my most usable guns in a SHTF scenario :)

A tip: You can store water for a year if you do it right.

I would spend a thousand bucks on... long storage / survival food, for my family, three months supply. Storage for water ( big cans ~20 L a piece ), for a three months supply. Then, i would spend the remaining cash on ammo for my most usable guns in a SHTF scenario :)

Spoiler Alert - he got a Henry

That is smart thinking. All you really need is one or two guns and some ammo. Food and Water are very precious.

Water has no expiration date. It's already billions of years old when they originally bottle it. If you're storing it, try those half gallon mason jars if you don't want anything leaching into it that can occur with plastic. Keep it in a cool, dry place as well. You can actually "can" water just like you would can tomatoes or beans. I recommend "non-city-chlorinated" water for that.

I'll tell you a little secret that I had to inform my wife of several years ago when she asked me why I had bought a gun. She said if things got sideways you couldn't eat that gun.

I laughed a little and told her with that gun, I could eat anything that I wanted.

I got "the look", but she didn't ask me any more questions about it after that.

Anyway, back on topic. Are you seriously telling us that you still haven't shot that gun yet and expecting us to believe it? You're really slipping nitesite.

Anyway, back on topic. Are you seriously telling us that you still haven't shot that gun yet and expecting us to believe it? You're really slipping nitesite.

Well, I DO HAVE a 140-yard range here at the house. Steel and paper targets. But......

Since my wife says she won't clean it afterward, it still sits unfired..... :) Believe it or don't....................

<grin>

Since my wife says she won't clean it afterward, it still sits unfired..... :) Believe it or don't....................
I could only imagine what my Grandpa would've told me if I had said that around him. Probably something along the lines of: Bless your heart child. That's one hell of a dilemma ain't it?

szRyPHP.jpg

Back