• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

<*}}}><

I had to quit reading this thread Elbert, because I've been too busy to go fishing myself, and the jealousy was getting out of control.

Looks like you're having a lot of fun this summer. ;)

Looks like you're having a lot of fun this summer. ;)

So far so good!

I made a run to check out Tenkiller lake here in Oklahoma early this morning....Due to the recent flooding they`re letting out so much water that the Trout fishing access is closed off.

oqiqnkol.jpg

Tenkiller lake is still 21.5 ft above normal and most of the public access is still closed off, I managed to get near the water at Pine Grove marina and fished for a few minutes catching just this one little Bass (1lb 11oz).

8D6iBGql.jpg

I'll be taking my family up to the lake this weekend. Cooking out, fishing, eating....good times.

Those are some nice fish Elbert.

Sadly, our lake hasn't been restocked in probably more than a decade. Lots of little bluegill. That's about it.

Over the weekend I put some fresh 10lb test on my wallhanger and I took it out this morning just for grins, I thought that if I could catch a decent Bass on it that I would retire it back to the wall...After years of using nothing but ultralights It was a bit awkward to use but I caught one that went 2lbs 12oz and I`m good with that so she`s back decorating the wall. It`s an old 6ft South Bend 350 topped off with an old Zebco 33 Spinner, both I found in a local antique store last Spring...

103_1287 (2).JPG

103_1296 (2).JPG

Last edited:
That rod and reel looks almost exactly like the one that I used to have fishing in the late 70's or early 80's. Cork handle and all.

I think my Mom still has it.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. It's nice to see the old rod and reel doing what it's supposed to.

My morning walk produced 8....one was 2lbs 6 oz and another went 1lb 11oz, the others were about a 1lb and under so I didn`t bother weighing them. All were caught using a Zoom Finese worm in watermelon red on a Mustad #2 hook....
Pflueger Trion 120 - `5 Uglystik Lite Pro - 6lb Trilene XL

5Rtc7J6.jpg

qxbwzRQ.jpg

I'm envious that you get to go fishing as often as you do.

Some nice ones too.

Over the weekend I put some fresh 10lb test on my wallhanger and I took it out this morning just for grins, I thought that if I could catch a decent Bass on it that I would retire it back to the wall...After years of using nothing but ultralights It was a bit awkward to use but I caught one that went 2lbs 12oz and I`m good with that so she`s back decorating the wall. It`s an old 6ft South Bend 350 topped off with an old Zebco 33 Spinner, both I found in a local antique store last Spring...

View attachment 21287

View attachment 21289

My first warranty authorization was from Zebco. $1060.00 worth of repair parts for $400.00. Then Daiwa, Shakespeare, Coleman camping equipment, Ryobi and Shimano. I probably over a 10 year period replaced the spinner head on a thousand Zebco 33 reels. The reel was a workhorse. I had a couple of them and caught many good sized carp and catfish on them. I wish they had left the model alone. The reel you have there is the best made.

The problem I saw most was a grooved pickup pin. When the line gets grit from the sand and water, as it slides over the pickup pin and saws a groove where the line touches the pin. Eventually the groove gets deep enough that the line is stuck in the groove long enough that the spring that retracts the pin isn't fast enough to get the pin out of the way and that stops the forward momentum when you cast. The remedy is to remove the spinner head and replace it...quick and easy.

I think I'll go down by the river
It never fails to deliver
That feeling of peace
I can't seem to find in the city
-Marshall Tucker Band

Haskell Lake here in NE Oklahoma about 06:30....

103_1339.JPG

I caught 8 total, 7 little Bass and one big Bluegill. The biggest one was 1lb 2oz....All caught on a Finesse worm in watermelon red on a #1 Eagle Claw hook, Texas rigged with no weight....Ultralight fun! <*}}}><

103_1351 (2).JPG

103_1345 (2).JPG

That's a nice catch Elbert.

Lately I've been catching them in a basket and moving them from one tank to another.

But I haven't stuck a hook in water in 2 months.

Monday`s walk produced 3 Bass, the bigger one went 2.1 lbs and one was 1.4 lbs, didn`t weigh the dink. Ultralight fun! <*}}}><

VXSTbhA.jpg

pOYe5ww.jpg

iBWxtFv.jpg

Bassin` with ultralights...this morning`s walk produced 3 and I got my line broke once. The little one was caught on the last cast. The bigger one I had to wrestle out of the cabomba is why she`s so muddy looking.
Tight lines <*}}}><

AP9ywJC.jpg

JseY9zQ.jpg

E0Iq4Iv.jpg

Good Friday Moirning! We`re having a little bumpy weather here in NE Oklahoma this morning but I got out for a little bit between rain drops this morning and caught a couple dinks and this one....I got my line broke twice and had two more lose me in the timber. I hope y`all have a great weekend!

(Pflueger Trion 120 - `5 Uglystik Lite Pro - 6lb Trilene XL)

8V985oE.jpg

AXRDeFt.jpg

August in Fresno means 100° Fahrenheit for a full Furlong from here to October.

But I finally got my truck fixed up and I can go fishing now so damn the Heat.

I also got some lights and as soon as I put them on the boat I can go night fishing.

I am still trying to get out. Today the VA sent me insulin. Thursday they will be sending me heart meds and some of those breathing puffers. Friday I have 1 and maybe 2 appointments at the VA outpatient clinic. I think Someone may be telling me to not go fishing. I will only listen harder if it is a small still voice. But if it sounds like Ma, I will go deaf.

Back