• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from NE Georgia

Thought I'd join here after trading into a Mossberg 930 Tactical. Been a firearms enthusiast and reloader for most of my life. Had been searching for a home defense autoloader when I traded into the 930. Someone had outfitted it for 3-gun competition, but I'm slowly converting it over to an optimum configuration for defense purposes. Very impressed as to bang-for-the-buck!

Hi, O_S. Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN. We are practically neighbors.

license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

I used to shoot 3-gun in the late '90s and early 2000s in Atlanta, actually at South River near Conyers, GA.

I modified my M500A with a Knoxx Sidewinder Conversion Kit w/ 10 round drum and 6 round box magazines.
Back in 2003 the kit cost $190 for early purchasers. Included forearm and grip, mag receiver, mounting hardware, and one 10-round drum mag. We early purchasers got a free 6-round box mag. Cost of extra mags was $90 for drums and $50 for boxes. I bought one of each.

I found the best way to manage the ammo was load the 10-round drum for the first shots and reload if needed with the 6-round boxes. Only one mag change was need because the stages didn't require more than 17 rounds out of a SG. I carried the box mags in an old WWII gas mask case.

More info at http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/question-of-the-month-july-2019.19240/

index.php

Hi, O_S. Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN. We are practically neighbors.

license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

I used to shoot 3-gun in the late '90s and early 2000s in Atlanta, actually at South River near Conyers, GA.

I modified my M500A with a Knoxx Sidewinder Conversion Kit w/ 10 round drum and 6 round box magazines.
Back in 2003 the kit cost $190 for early purchasers. Included forearm and grip, mag receiver, mounting hardware, and one 10-round drum mag. We early purchasers got a free 6-round box mag. Cost of extra mags was $90 for drums and $50 for boxes. I bought one of each.

I found the best way to manage the ammo was load the 10-round drum for the first shots and reload if needed with the 6-round boxes. Only one mag change was need because the stages didn't require more than 17 rounds out of a SG. I carried the box mags in an old WWII gas mask case.

Interesting. Never saw one of those...but then again, I've never shot 3-gun.

Hello and welcome from northern Sweden :)
Wow! Folks from all over!

I'm a member of several other firearms forums, including our very own TheOutdoorsTrader.com here in GA and it never ceases to amaze me where people are from and their backgrounds.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
ripjack13

Back