• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Picture of the shapend swedge I used Smith stone and angle guide 35° same as the main blade edge

Didn't mean to start a new post never sent pictures before .this is the picture of the sharpened swedge .also the worn paint on the side of the blade is a result of sharpening at 25° angle .35° angle works the best .

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

Thanks it's the first knife of this type .I may end up buying another SP1 and doing the same to it but it will be a lot cleaner looking now that I know the wright angle to start with [emoji3]

I haven't been doing any work to the sp1 lately .I want to repaint the blade I have been thinking about Dura coat in flat black or olive drab in the 2 part arosol can $45 plus shipping .then I was at ORileys and came across Raptor bed liner 2 part bed liner touch up paint $38 no shipping .what do you guys think about useing the Raptor paint ? From just watching some YouTube videos its works like the dura coat and its not tacky after its cure time .The next question is should I paint it flat black or go for something different and go with olive drab ? I plan on keeping the handle black

What are you planning to do with it, will it be used often, or displayed? If you plan to use it then the paint will wear of. I actually have an Ontario Rat 5, I'm planning to strip the blade on. The paint causes more problems when trying to shave, or carve.

Cold blueing the blade may darken it up, without leaving such a thick coating to flake off.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I'm finished doing my mods.to the SP1 now I'm modifying the sheath I will send pic.as soon as I'm done and I figure out how to send them with out starting a new thread

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

I'm finished doing my mods.to the SP1 now I'm modifying the sheath I will send pic.as soon as I'm done and I figure out how to send them with out starting a new thread

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk
I've not seen @Rossignol around in awhile, but he made me a couple very nice leather sheaths for my SP1,and Ka-Bar. Looking forward to seeing your mods, may be some stuff I do to mine.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Back