• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

12 GA mini shells

Federal #4 shorty vs 2 layers of denim and 8 lbs of ice @ 16ft

One load of Federal`s #4 buckshot had a spread of 2.75" and cut a ragged hole in that ice and stopped about 3 inches in. I was able to recover all but one pellet. It`s less than 2 inches from the surface of the skin to the outer surface of the heart so Federal`s Shorty #4 is more than enough to stop the threat in close quarters.

100_8539.JPG

100_8545 (2).JPG

So, bought a hundred rounds of the Federal Shorty buckshot. Haven't had a chance to shoot any of it yet. The Federal rounds are actually slightly longer than the Aquila mini shells, maybe 1/8th inch. I think they may have slightly more velocity tho.

It's a new day in a new month, in a new year and in a new decade , so I felt obliged to start it off with a bang!

100_8629 (2).JPG

Mini buckshot from 21 feet....

100_8638 (2).JPG 100_8641 (2).JPG 100_8642 (2).JPG

The Federal #4 averaged about 4" at 21`
The NSI 00 averaged about 3.75" at 21`

Both are a pleasure to shoot, the NSI hits a little harder and doesn`t require the opsol mini shell adapter......

Projectile launcher used was a Mav 88 w/ 20" barrel and w/ Hogue PG.....

It's a new day in a new month, in a new year and in a new decade , so I felt obliged to start it off with a bang!

View attachment 22430

Mini buckshot from 21 feet....

View attachment 22431 View attachment 22432 View attachment 22433

The Federal #4 averaged about 4" at 21`
The NSI 00 averaged about 3.75" at 21`

Both are a pleasure to shoot, the NSI hits a little harder and doesn`t require the opsol mini shell adapter......

Projectile launcher used was a Mav 88 w/ 20" barrel and w/ Hogue PG.....

Good to know thanks. I'm a newer Shockwave 12 owner and have a variety of shells from my pheasant and deer hunting days. Then I had a old Brown A5 wish I kept it... and a current 870 express. I really like the SW and have a bunch of Aquila mini shells along with the OpSol adapter. They run fine but I like the 2-3/4 stuff better although I did quite like the Aguia mini slugs. Maybe I can sell or trade the mini buck and mini shot for some mini slugs or 2-3/4 #4buck or slugs. I hope I'm not making an infraction here..

Back