• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP 224 Valkyrie - Which size action

Dan Topham

Copper BB
Anybody know if the MVP in 224 Valkyrie is based on the 223/5.56 or the 6.5/308 action? If the former I'm thinking about doing a caliber swap on my 5.56. Columbia river is making prefit barrels and I can get the bolt face opened up pretty cheap by a local smith for less than $400 total, if it's based on the smaller action instead of the bigger. The rifle is currently in a chassis and I'd like to not have to spend that money again.

It "fits" in the 5.56 action. Wiki LINK

Welcome Aboard, Dan! :)

Thanks, been around a while, originally on the old MVP forum, but work and life got in the way for a few years and boy things have changed. My MVP was bought in 2012 and will get me to 600 (longest I have available for now) with no problem, but from what I hear past that it gets a little harder and past 1,000 forget it. I would have done 224 for my last AR build about 6 months ago, but the results people were getting were all over the place. I can get a pre fit from Columbia River, and If I can get a bolt I could change over for way less than the cost of a new build, and I can still use the chassis I have. When i comes down to it there's only so much money available and the more I spend on a rifle, the less there is for ammo.

Back