• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What kind of ears are you running ?

I used to use the Howard Leight’s decent muff for the money. Good for an hour of range time. Fit was decent. But I got sweaty and uncomfortable after a while. Decided to get a pair of MSA Sordin’s with the gel cups. A lot more money than the Leight’s, but they are worth it. So much more comfortable, better fit and the cloth headband minimizes sweating. If you can afford it, are an RO, or spend a lot of time at the range, get a pair. If not, the Leight’s will do.

Last edited:
I used to use the Howard Leight’s decent muff for the money. Good for an hour of range time. Fit was decent. But I got sweaty and uncomfortable after a while. Decided to get a pair of MSA Sordin’s with the gel cups. A lot more money than the Leight’s, but they are worth it. So much more comfortable, better fit and the cloth headband minimizes sweating. If you can afford Ot, are an RO, or spend a lot of time at the range, get a pair. If not, the Leight’s will do.

I bought a set on Amazon and so far I like how they work but I have not had them to the range yet so I don't know just how good they are. Awesafe is the brand. After I wrote a review they sent me a Maglula for free...and no s&h

Electric Earmuffs.jpg

09/03/21 I got a chance to use these a while back. They may be el cheapo electronic muffs but they worked great out in the MO hot sun bustin clays.

Last edited:
I use the Walker's Razor electronic muffs. I've had them for a few years. Still on the original batteries. Comfortable, low profile, decent sound suppression for .308 & 12 gauge.

Sent from my Vivo XL4 using Tapatalk

I and the guys run Walkers Razor with the Walkers radio. The instructions with the radio says up too 2 miles. In the heavy woods and the ups and downs in this area we have been at least a solid mile and and they work great. They will also communicate with the Midland handhelds channel for channel. Push button or voice activation down to a whisper. About a year old at this point, just have to see how late ng they will last.

Attachments

• IMG_20210829_122030521.jpg
    IMG_20210829_122030521.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 6
Indoor - 3M/Peltor Sport 100 22db + custom molded flush-fit 30db in-ear plugs
Outdoor/Competition - Otto NoizeBarrier Micro 28db

I've tried cheap walkers and others, don't like the way they get in the way when shouldering rifle/shotgun, plus cheap circuitry that just cuts out all sound during loud noises rather than damping them. Higher-end hearing protection like the Ottos don't cut out during loud noises they keep everything level and that's great during matches.

Also it's worth noting that if you have an HSA/FSA, protective gear for eyes and ears can be a valid expense.

We all also so HAM radio, which for Sec Ops are better but the cost for the ear pro and the conversion connections is really high. We have and use mobile and handhelds but during live fire they really aren't practical. The Walkers have 99 channels and and with a time schedule and channel rotation will help. And maybe they will take a poop but at this time they are working. Now if I hit the lotto sometime I will fix us all up till then I guess we'll use what she got. Something is better than nothing.

Back