• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shame on you walmart

They are all blaming trump!! Trump caused the Dorian Hurricane!!! Trump caused Global warning!! Trump was the reason McDonald’s does not sell the Mc bbq sandwich. Trump is the reason that Florida is so hot. To be honest I think Trump is the reason why I come home from work so tired everyday!!! Damn you trump!!! So sorry John to derail your thread!! Carry on. Sorry

WalMart is no longer the low-price extravaganza they once were. Many food items are the same price, if not higher than the remaining grocery stores that have not gone under. I will not have a problem "boycotting" them. I haven't been in a store in over 2 weeks.

Their business model would appear to be to go into an area, build a store while pretending to listen to concerned residents, lowball on all pricing (with the help of China), let competition go out of business, then raise prices...

And while walking is healthy for you, think of walking all the way to the back of the store for a gallon of milk, not to mention the long walk from the parking lot. Is it really worth your time to save $1? A local convenience store gets $5 for a gallon of local dairy milk. WM gets the same, if not more for the same brand. Their house brand is $4.

But you don't see them rushing to put up a store in areas considered to be "food deserts". This is an area, usually low-income, that doesn't have a grocery store conveniently located. Any stores that WERE there were shop-lifted or looted out of business...

Expect online ammo retailers to raise prices--the Law of Supply and Demand, you know... I DO know that WM not selling ammo leaves an "ammo desert" around here. Sure, I could go into my LGS and pay double and I would not have a problem with that--got to support the little guy--but that means less shooting for me...

PS: from what I gather, they are NOT discounting ammo as they did semi-auto guns a few years back. So better to leave it on THEIR shelves and find and buy from an alternate source...

48702031091_cca20bae39.jpg

No more Walmart and I'll be sure they know why. Not that they will care unless enough people stop shopping there. I didn't buy enough stuff for them to notice anyway.

I babbling aren't I? :crazy:

I've gone looking for ammo at Walmart(s) here and found their stock to be a joke anyway...I gave up on them years ago. I buy most of my ammo from my LGS, Cabela's and another large retailer up here called Canadian Tire. I don't even buy hunting or fishing licenses there anymore. Heck, I don't even shop there but maybe a half dozen times a year when the wife drags me along. Even she's fed up with all the self checkout crap and dirty stores...think we're about done with Walmart.

No more Walmart and I'll be sure they know why. Not that they will care unless enough people stop shopping there. I didn't buy enough stuff for them to notice anyway.

I babbling aren't I? :crazy:

I'll be entirely honest. I'm going to tell you a story from last week. This was before I got the news that they were lobbying congress to restrict citizens rights.

I needed a short phone cord so I could fix my telephone. The old one apparently had a broken wire inside of it that was causing intermittent problems if you held it the wrong way. So, I was going to buy a new cord to replace it.

Unfortunately, so many people have went with wireless phones that finding a phone cord seemed near impossible.

I figured that Walmart would have them but I don't like going to Walmart. And without a need to go into the details, there are more reasons for me NOT to go to Walmart THAN go to Walmart.

So, I went to the nearest dollar store. But they were out of them. So, I got in the car and passed up Walmart again to go to Big Lots store.

Wasn't even a spot on the shelves for a telephone cord. So, I drove to the next dollar store. They said that they don't sell phone cords anymore.

So, in the end, I did ultimately have to go to Walmart to buy the $3.75 phone cord, but not because of a lack of effort to buy one somewhere else because I had went to 3 other stores trying to avoid going to walmart.

And this is how I was doing even before I heard the news of what they were doing. I don't know just how little that I'm going to buy from them even in a "have to" case now. If I wasn't in such a need for a phone cord, I may just start ordering more stuff from online and have it delivered.

Oh, and:

Store & Corporate Feedback
Walmart is committed to providing you superior customer service and a pleasant shopping experience. We're happy to respond to your questions about Walmart and appreciate your comments or suggestions. Please use the form below to let us know how we can assist you.

Thank you for contacting Walmart.
We value your opinion and welcome your feedback. If you submitted a question, we are working to get a response to you soon.

Helen Walton was from Claremore (my home town) which is about 100 miles West of Bentonville, so that store got a lot of attention from the Walton`s....He would slip in unnoticed looking pretty much like a local farmer and visit with Georgia Sanders and Nellie Pearson and maybe a few customers here and there and slip out again....it drove management crazy! :)

I think Mr. Walton must be turning over in his grave....

FB_IMG_1568030817135-1.jpg

Back